Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast and flat 10k

Options
  • 04-05-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everyone, after just getting a new PB in Drogheda on the tough Boyne 10k I am looking for flat one in June around Dublin. Would anyone recommend any? I wanted to run the Dunshauhghlin one as I got PB last year but I can't find any link to register, may it is too early?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Hi everyone, after just getting a new PB in Drogheda on the tough Boyne 10k I am looking for flat one in June around Dublin. Would anyone recommend any? I wanted to run the Dunshauhghlin one as I got PB last year but I can't find any link to register, may it is too early?

To early to register I'd say, give it another few weeks and it should be open I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Not till July but from what I recall the 10k in swords that's part of the race series is pretty flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Celtic Runner

Thanks, I m only looking at June after that I will be focused on the Rock n Roll HM beginning of August and then Berlin marathon end of September. I prefer not chasing PB on a 10k in the last 2/3 months...I ll wait and see when the Dunshaughlin one opens. it s a good one which I recommend, great atmosphere and fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

ooter wrote: »
    Not till July but from what I recall the 10k in swords that's part of the race series is pretty flat.

I agree, great 10k to run, no hills if I remember correctly
    I have pulled new PB'S any time I have ran it.

I signed up to it as part of the race series, looking forward to the summer and all the events it brings

Well done OP on getting a new PB on the boyne 10k, my own opinion is that its one of the tougher 10k's around Leinster.
    Those hills at 7k would drain the legs and lungs off you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

The k club 10k is another good one but obviously at the wrong time of year, ran my best time for a long time down there last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 The Celtic Runner

andrew1977 wrote: »
    ooter wrote: »

I agree, great 10k to run, no hills if I remember correctly
    I have pulled new PB'S any time I have ran it.

I signed up to it as part of the race series, looking forward to the summer and all the events it brings

Well done OP on getting a new PB on the boyne 10k, my own opinion is that its one of the tougher 10k's around Leinster.
    Those hills at 7k would drain the legs and lungs off you :D
    Yes that is a tough one but I run it every year. I almost ran it 2 minutes faster than last year thanks to a very good quality training and 6 or 7 kilos less to carry :D That's why I need a flat one in the next coming weeks to see what I can really do!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Clonee 10k, pan flat, country roads, left hand turns, end of June.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not June but late May there is a 10k in St Anne's park which is very flat.

http://www.active.com/raheny-dublin5/running/distance-running-races/summer-st-annes-park-10km-run-2016

Advertisement