Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What tools do I need for maintenance?

• 04-05-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭

Hello

Im just curious as to what tools I will need to maintain a 100cc scooter

I already have the likes of screwdrivers and an adjustable wrench (thanks to aldi)

What are the other basics for doing odd jobs?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

First up, take the adjustable wrench carefully in both hands, and place it in the nearest bin.

You want a half-decent set of combination spanners, sizes 6-14mm, and a 1/4'' and 3/8'' drive socket-set. Lidl/Aldi do reasonable ones for very good prices on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

jimgoose wrote: »
    First up, take the adjustable wrench carefully in both hands, and place it in the nearest bin.

You want a half-decent set of combination spanners, sizes 6-14mm, and a 1/4'' and 3/8'' drive socket-set. Lidl/Aldi do reasonable ones for very good prices on occasion.

It's actually an anti-theft mechanism where I can hit any would be thieves if I come across them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It's actually an anti-theft mechanism where I can hit any would be thieves if I come across them! :D

Right. I assume you also already have a Petersen Shifter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The Halford professional kits are very good and come with a lifetime warranty. I find them great.

Usually on sales over bank holidays too. Got mine half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can buy a kit that will do most stuff, Louis have them.
    less than 100 for a kit that will 90% of what you need to do.
    https://www.louis.ie/artikel/rothewald-industrial-tool-set-122-piece-metric/10003275?list=171710558&filter_article_number=10003275

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tzardine wrote: »
    The Halford professional kits are very good and come with a lifetime warranty. I find them great.

Usually on sales over bank holidays too. Got mine half price.

They're on sale at the moment.

I've been using a Halfords set for the last few years and only once a ratchet let me down when I was changing suspension units on my son's car ~ Halfords replaced it and no questions asked.. Tbh I was asking it to do something it clearly wasn't designed for.

I've got THIS ONE ~ I'd be lost without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

They're on sale at the moment.

I've been using a Halfords set for the last few years and only once a ratchet let me down when I was changing suspension units on my son's car ~ Halfords replaced it and no questions asked.. Tbh I was asking it to do something it clearly wasn't designed for.

I've got THIS ONE ~ I'd be lost without it.

Yeah, same one as I have. Its really good quality and has everything you need.

Advertisement