Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone pretending to be Eir?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

We left Eir about three months ag and today my wife got an unsolicited call on the landline from someone claiming to be Eir. "She sounded Indian", my wife said, and said there was a problem with our internet. No informtion was given suggesting she knew our address, former account no. etc. She wanted my wife to turn on the laptop, but she told her she was busy and couldn't. I just wanted to know if this could have been Eir and if it isn't, I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

We left Eir about three months ag and today my wife got an unsolicited call on the landline from someone claiming to be Eir. "She sounded Indian", my wife said, and said there was a problem with our internet. No informtion was given suggesting she knew our address, former account no. etc. She wanted my wife to turn on the laptop, but she told her she was busy and couldn't. I just wanted to know if this could have been Eir and if it isn't, I wanted to bring it to your attention.
    Hi  alchemist33,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This does not sound like a phone call from eir. eir would not contact customers regarding an issue with their broadband unless a fault has been logged and we are providing the service.

We are aware of an increase in the volume of phishing/ scam calls been made at the minute and You can read more on this here http://support.eir.ie/article/phishingalert

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got this scam call the other day. They're either trying to trick you into downloading ransomware or paying them for software that does nnothing. My girlfriend led them on for a few minutes, saying she was following all the steps to download their 'recovery' software before telling them she didn't actually have a laptop. I've never been more proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks folks. Good to know she did the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks folks. Good to know she did the right thing.
    No problem alchemist33so are we :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement