Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bike mechanic in tallaght/clondalkin area?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for the above?
    Have used wheelworx a bit and find them good, just looking to see alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 16 Verified rep Cycle Superstore: Philip

terrydel wrote: »
    Any recommendations for the above?
    Have used wheelworx a bit and find them good, just looking to see alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

All of our mechanics are Cyctech certified and are keen cyclists themselves, plus our workshop has see-through windows so you can see work being carried out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Cathal Harling is based in Clondalkin, his info is in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99899972

not sure if that link works, but i bumped the thread anyway, its called "Place for a bike service?"

Great service,prices and a nice bloke too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Euro Fred wrote: »
    Cathal Harling is based in Clondalkin, his info is in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99899972

not sure if that link works, but i bumped the thread anyway, its called "Place for a bike service?"

Great service,prices and a nice bloke too

Link fixed in the quote above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I used Cathal recently when I had a particularly annoying knocking sound on a new bike. Even though it was looked at by a local bike shop (not where I bought it from) and then ultimately shipped back to the manufacturer for them to fix, it came back exactly the same. They said it was stripped down and totally rebuilt.

It took him about a minute to figure out it was one of three things. In less than 5 he had the culprit. He had the replacement part fitted and me cycling off with a big happy grin the next day. Would of been same day only it was the evening and he didn't have the part there and then

Couldn't recommend him enough. Sound chap as well.

edit. He also mentioned he was looking to open a shop but not sure if he has yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Crocked wrote: »
    I used Cathal recently when I had a particularly annoying knocking sound on a new bike. Even though it was looked at by a local bike shop (not where I bought it from) and then ultimately shipped back to the manufacturer for them to fix, it came back exactly the same. They said it was stripped down and totally rebuilt.

It took him about a minute to figure out it was one of three things. In less than 5 he had the culprit. He had the replacement part fitted and me cycling off with a big happy grin the next day. Would of been same day only it was the evening and he didn't have the part there and then

Couldn't recommend him enough. Sound chap as well.

edit. He also mentioned he was looking to open a shop but not sure if he has yet.

Now thats the kind of recommendation you want to be reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

terrydel wrote: »
    Now thats the kind of recommendation you want to be reading.

Bought two bikes from him and my wife bought one a couple of weeks ago -recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi , does he do the bike to work scheme. I'm new to cycling so it'll just be a starter . I heard cycle superstore have a great selection too

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi , does he do the bike to work scheme. I'm new to cycling so it'll just be a starter . I heard cycle superstore have a great selection too

He does indeed

Advertisement