Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping with CPAP

Options
  • 04-05-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I hope the mods don't mind, I posted this already in the motor home forum.

Hi,

I have recently been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I need to wear a CPAP mask at night time to help me sleep. That's all well and good except I'm a keen camper! I would have no problem camping at a pitch that has electricity but I was wondering how I would go about powering my 24v CPAP device when I can't get an electrified pitch. I know I would need a leisure battery (looking at the one in halfords at the moment) but does anyone know what equipment I would need with it?

I'm not very good at the whole amps/volts stuff but the unit I use is the Resmed AirSense 10. What connections do I need from the battery to the machine? Will I need a converter/inverter? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have googled but all I can find is info on 12v devices.

Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Something about CPAP rang a bell in the back of my brain and I remember seeing a thread over on Motorhomes and Campervans forum, about very much the same thing.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99345378

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Hi OP,

You might ask in this CPAP thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057038487

I know that the company I rent my CPAP machine from can supply me with a battery operated one if I needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hogeybear

I saw that too but it got very technical and was aimed at that specific model. I was hoping for a solution like "all you need is a leisure battery of (x) size, these battery clips and the inverter from (x) supplier" that way I could order all of them and go camping again! I'm not very good at all of technical details.

On that note, I guess I soon will be good at the details as needs must!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Hi OP, if you want this thread to be moved to another forum, please let me know via PM.

EDIT: Moved to the Sleeping & Dreaming forum, per user request. Please note their charter.

Advertisement