Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stained Ceramic Braces

Options
  • 04-05-2016 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys, im just wondering could anyone help, iv had ceramic braces put on a week and a half ago, and they've been fine. the only thing is that they've stained a slight bit. Im just wondering does anyone have any tips in order to un-stain them?
    Thanks
    Mel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

Hi guys, im just wondering could anyone help, iv had ceramic braces put on a week and a half ago, and they've been fine. the only thing is that they've stained a slight bit. Im just wondering does anyone have any tips in order to un-stain them?
    Thanks
    Mel

Hi, im just got the ceramic braces fitted yesterday and they told me that if they get stained I could go in and the will change the bands for me. The actual ceramic part doesn't stain itself it's just the band.

They said not to eat highly coloured foods unless I'm due in for my appointment where they will change the bands. You should just ring and ask them can they change them for you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I find that pretty much everything I eat stains the bands, it doesn't bother me at all, possibly because not many people know I have braces.

You could ask about another colour band?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Melanie1992

Just saw to rinse with hydrogen peroxide, dont know how safe that is though :D .
    Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I'm getting braces very soon so would really appreciate tips on how to keep them clean and what to avoid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Melanie1992

Il let you know for sure!! Prepare yourself for some pain :( Bearable though :)

• Advertisement

Il let you know for sure!! Prepare yourself for some pain :( Bearable though :)

I've elastics in now and they were pretty sore st first :( I've also got two teeth extractions and a root canal coming up, my mouth will hate me :(

Just saw to rinse with hydrogen peroxide, dont know how safe that is though :D .
    Thanks guys!

Did you use this in the end? My elastics are stained already and I really thought I was doing well with food choices :(

Advertisement