Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOS CLOCK WON'T ADJUST.

Options
  • 04-05-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

My bios clock is frozen, won't allow me to set day and time. All figures stuck at "0".

I changed the cmos battery, as my laptop was crashing on start-up. I am also unable to reboot and re-install windows.

System recovery disk report states : Bios handoff fail. It also crashing before completing analysis.

Can you help. I can access bios and set defaults but still no boot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Kinda sounds like the crystal oscillator is broken on the board. Very unusual to break, usually involves a motherboard replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jockland

Thanks for the response.

However, I managed to re-install windows using battery power only with power cord disconnected. The power supply is faulty as computer not booting with mains supply.

Bios now responding. All fixed.

Advertisement