Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicular access width - DLRCOCO

Options
  • 04-05-2016 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I am reading Dun Laoighare Development Plan and I came across regulations for vehicular access width not exceeding 3.5m. Can anyone enlighten me why is this? Is it national or just DLRCOCO?? What if I have driveway off narrow road and need more width to come in and out the driveway? Can it be discussed with planners before planning or no point to even try?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dublin city Max is 3.6m. Generally you will,not get permission or retention for any entrance bigger than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

It's not a national but a local road engineer's standard. No harm to discuss with planners beforehand, it's free from the horses mouth advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Agree with that. Sounds as if they want to ensure not used as double entrance and for general road safety. Would 2.4 m. not suffice. What is the main road like at frontage- straight, bend, narrow, wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

If all site if like 4.5m wide how could it be used for double entrance? And so if driveway is off narrow road (lane) - there is no issue with parking but driving in and out, especially while reversing. I just wonder if I can make it full width open (4.5m) or have to narrow it down to 3.5m??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

PMBC wrote: »
    Agree with that. Sounds as if they want to ensure not used as double entrance and for general road safety. Would 2.4 m. not suffice. What is the main road like at frontage- straight, bend, narrow, wide?

2.4 is too tight. That is the recommended width of a parking spot. DCC usually specific between 2.7 and 3.6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement