Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a loan of a champagne corking device

Options
  • 04-05-2016 4:56pm

Hey all,

I'm in drama college in The Lir on Pearse St, Dublin 2 and I've been tasked with finding a champagne corking device for the new play we're working on.

The play is set in the 1930's and the characters drink and open bottles of champagne like nobodies business! As you can imagine, we wouldn't have the budget for all these bottles of Champers! What we're thinking is to use apple juice through a soda stream, into champagne bottles and recorked every night.

Would any of you fine home brewers have a loan of a champagne corking device? It will be well looked after by us, and we'll be finished with it on June 3rd/4th.

We'd really appreciate any help at all.

Thanks very much,

Pappa D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Just a thought, but what about cheapo corked bottles of bucks fizz or bellini from Aldi/Lidl? They're only a few euro per bottle.

Just a thought, but what about cheapo corked bottles of bucks fizz or bellini from Aldi/Lidl? They're only a few euro per bottle.

Bucks fizz is too orange. I'll look into the Bellini stuff, but the champagne corker would definitely be first preference. Thanks!

Advertisement