Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying 2 cars - Dacia Logan MCV and a 7 Seater

• 04-05-2016 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta at the moment which is used mainly by my wife. I am thinking about replacing the Ford Fiesta and buying a 5 seater car for my wife and a second hand 7 seater car for myself.

I have the Dacia Logan MCV in my mind for my wife and dont want to go for pricey options. Mileage is less than 5000 km per year. Is it any good? Any other car models with similar price I should consider?

For me, I am thinking of buying a min 2009, 7 seater model. I have Toyota Corola Verso and Honda Stream in mind. Any suggestions? Is it wise to go for Japaneese imported Hondas?

3. Heard that Dacia is planning to introduce a 7 seater model in Ireland. Is this true?

Appreciate any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Driving a Dacia Logan MCV since September and find it fine, I got the higher spec model and it has some minor things that annoy me the odd time

1. No boot latch to open the boot, have to use key or latch at drivers seat
    2. Cabin noise, ironically there's a little more cabin noise when driving at 80km/hour then at 120km/hour, now to be fair I knew about this from reading reviews

Other then that I find it fine to drive, tonnes of space and comfortable to drive and at the price I paid it was cracking value!

Dacia's aren't for everyone, some dislike them as they don't always have all the extras of more expensive cars but if you want a car with plenty of boot space space at a good value price then they are great options. Despite the things I mentioned above I'd still buy one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭TestLink

Thanks Caabal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

If it helps, I have the Sandero Stepway for over a year now and I love it.
    Like Cabaal says, opening the boot is annoying because you have to either use the latch beside the seat or the key.
    I got the diesel version. I have done 40k already and have not had any problems yet.
    I would buy a Dacia again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just to add I'm just hitting 20k miles on mine, also have diesel model.

In relation to your query about a 7 seater model, to be honest I doubt that it'll come anytime soon. looking at the UK site there's no mention of anything yet and they have a better selection of models (Prime and Ambiance) then the Irish market already. I personally wouldn't hold out as you very well could be waiting a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭TestLink

I had a chat with Dacia online support and they told me that they doesnt have any plans for the launch of a 7 seater model soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm thinking about buying a dacia Logan . I don't really mind the look, I'm looking for a car for family, 2 dogs , bikes, plus have a roof box.

But the thing is I work about a mile away and will use it a lot for this journey, I'd imagine a diesel would be completely incompatible for this, I do need a car to travel once or twice a year to go to UK but still feel petrol would be more for me, plus price and 5 year warranty would be great .

My friend has had one for two years and has nothing but great things to say about it . I'd like to hear opinions from more people that have one tho .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ITguru wrote: »
    I had a chat with Dacia online support and they told me that they doesnt have any plans for the launch of a 7 seater model soon...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia_Lodgy

This is their 7 seated model from the continent, not sure if we'll see it here but its on sale in India and early RHD Dusters came from India...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

alias no.9 wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia_Lodgy

This is their 7 seated model from the continent, not sure if we'll see it here but its on sale in India and early RHD Dusters came from India...

And would you want it if they did! :eek:
    The Lodgy received three stars in Euro NCAP's crash test rating, considered to be the lowest result for a car in 2012.[6] In the test the rear passenger floor panel and tunnel were completely separated and the transmission tunnel was deformed between the front seats.

Advertisement