Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Music Mastering

Options
  • 04-05-2016 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi lads.

I'm looking for recommendations for a Dublin based engineer that would be tried and trusted with mixing and mastering electronic tracks.

Many Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/powerstatefailure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

First up I don't have any recommendations as I've never paid for mastering. Sorry!

Your music sounds fine, really good. I'm presuming you master them yourself?
    Yes paying someone to master your music will make them sound even better but how much better? Worth the outlay if you aren't getting that money back?

At this stage I think that you should be focussing on promotion as I don't think your music is getting the exposure that it should. Share your music to as many relevant Soundcloud groups as you can. Find Facebook music groups for your genre and share your sounds there.

Just my opinion though, not sure if you want it or not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paulthom8

Thanks RH. Advice much appreciated.

I EQ it and I get bogged down. Can't seem to get that crisp "thump" from my kick drums.

As for exposure, yeah, you're right. Not getting the hits I'd like to get. Assumed it's cos the tunes are either uninteresting or just sh*t.

At a crossroads as to where to go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

paulthom8 wrote: »
    Thanks RH. Advice much appreciated.

I EQ it and I get bogged down. Can't seem to get that crisp "thump" from my kick drums.

As for exposure, yeah, you're right. Not getting the hits I'd like to get. Assumed it's cos the tunes are either uninteresting or just sh*t.

At a crossroads as to where to go next.

Ok lets take your track "1984" which I've shared on my twitter feed when it came out.

Its a great track. Yes it would sound better if you got it professionally mastered but still you need to get people to listen to it.

On how many groups on Soundcloud did you share the track? How many Facebook groups?

I make a track and immediately share it out to the maximum 75 groups on Soundcloud. I have a list of relevant facebook groups that I post to.

I also have got myself onto the synthwave scene so I have a target market of people willing to listen.

Exposure and self promotion are key here and establishing your target audience is very important. I'm not trying to come across as an expert on this, just giving you tips on what has worked for me in the last year and a half to increase my soundcloud followers and plays.

I don't have any notions of "making it" or making any money from music but I do want as many people as possible to hear songs i've created.

Anyway PM me on Facebook if you want any more info on the synthwave groups etc.

Advertisement