Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Movies

Options
  • 04-05-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

If I purchase a movie on ITunes does Apple store the movie in the cloud if you delete it off your device or do you need to purchase additional space for your devices to store them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Antibac wrote: »
    If I purchase a movie on ITunes does Apple store the movie in the cloud if you delete it off your device or do you need to purchase additional space for your devices to store them?

It won't store it in the cloud as far as I'm aware, but it will allow you download it again for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

smash wrote: »
    It won't store it in the cloud as far as I'm aware, but it will allow you download it again for free.

Cool Thank You!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The ability to re-download is called iTunes in the Cloud and is subject to the approval of the rights holder. I'm not sure what it's like now but when Apple first introduced it not all the studios were signed up to it. And if they decide to withdraw their content from iTunes at a future date the film will no longer be available to re-download.

The joys of DRM'd digital downloads...

Advertisement