Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you take out Apple Care For an iPhone without proof of purchase?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭

So bought an iPhone from adverts, I've bought other iPhones off him never any issue and he has 100% rating, I registered it on my apple account and everything is fine warranty up in March next year. I would like to purchase Apple Care but can't get a proof of purchase, I know from my 6 I purchased from Apple directly that they will run a diagnostic program to check it but can't recall if they asked me for proof of purchase? So my question is has anyone been in this situation or is it a waste of time trying to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

So bought an iPhone from adverts, I've bought other iPhones off him never any issue and he has 100% rating, I registered it on my apple account and everything is fine warranty up in March next year. I would like to purchase Apple Care but can't get a proof of purchase, I know from my 6 I purchased from Apple directly that they will run a diagnostic program to check it but can't recall if they asked me for proof of purchase? So my question is has anyone been in this situation or is it a waste of time trying to get it?

Id say just ring them up and ask. What date in March is the warranty expiring? AppleCare needs to be taken out within 60 days of the phone being bought originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Aeternum wrote: »
    Id say just ring them up and ask. What date in March is the warranty expiring? AppleCare needs to be taken out within 60 days of the phone being bought originally.

No it's a 6s plus towards the end of March so still have A few weeks to sort out, I have to say I did use it when I had an issue with my 6 screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

From here

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/products/iphone.html

Important notes

Purchase AppleCare+ with your new iPhone. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:

Call 1800 804 062 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

crazyderk wrote: »
    From here

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/products/iphone.html

Important notes

Purchase AppleCare+ with your new iPhone. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:

Call 1800 804 062 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

Yes I know that I just wanted to know if you bought from adverts where no receipt is available how stringent are they regarding me providing the proof of purchase. It is a fully unlocked phone so not tied to any network, not sure if that makes any difference. Just thought someone might have had experience on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Yes I know that I just wanted to know if you bought from adverts where no receipt is available how stringent are they regarding me providing the proof of purchase. It is a fully unlocked phone so not tied to any network, not sure if that makes any difference. Just thought someone might have had experience on here.

ah right, well all you can do is call so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement