Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed Alarm

Options
  • 04-05-2016 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I am looking to alarm an outside shed with motion sensors and maybe door sensors of some sort.There is no phone line but I do have electricity.I was hoping it would call my mobile if someone entered the said shed.Approx. size of shed is 70ft x 60 ft.I was also hoping to do it myself.Shed is also prone to the odd fox entering it.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is your WiFi accessible in the shed?
    IP may be the better & cheaper way to go in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭minktrapper

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is your WiFi accessible in the shed?
    IP may be the better & cheaper way to go in the long run.

I am afraid not. It is approx. 80-90 yds from the house.Thanks for the reply by the way

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A GSM would be your best option so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Who do I purchase from. I have very little knowledge of alarms. I was hoping to use wired pirs as apposed to wireless as I think they might be more reliable.I also want the alarm system to call me on the mobile rather than set off a noisy siren. Or better still have the option to connect a siren at a later stage. I am thinking that conventional house alarms might be prone to damage by dampness.

Take a look at the suppliers listed in the sticky.
    If the shed is easy to wire that's the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement