Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitting

Options
  • 04-05-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just wondering what is the going rate for overnight babysitting for 2 young children. I live in County Galway. Any suggestions? Hard to know what to give for overnight? What is normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

we pay / hour for the time the sitter is awake. So if they arrive at 7pm and we return by noon next day that's probably 10 hours or €100

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fluffy124

BailMeOut wrote: »
    we pay / hour for the time the sitter is awake. So if they arrive at 7pm and we return by noon next day that's probably 10 hours or €100

Hi Bailmeout. Thank you so much for your reply. When you say you pay for the time the sitter is awake do you mean awake looking after the kids? She could stay up late watching telly?? My kids go to bed at 7 & most of the time they don't wake during the night. They are up again at 7 in the morning though! It's just we've never done an overnighter before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

BailMeOut wrote: »

5.88 per hour. Here get out of that. There looking after your kids for 17 hours. Should be paying 155

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fluffy124

5.88 per hour. Here get out of that. There looking after your kids for 17 hours. Should be paying 155

Hi Hollister11

Have you done overnighters before? What would you recommend? Surely you don't pay per hour for an overnight? ??

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

I remember being paid 20 for 8 until 10 in the morning by my uncle's to baby sit have you any family that might help ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

6 -8 euro is the going rate for child minders in the child minders home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Fluffy124 wrote: »
    Hi Hollister11

Have you done overnighters before? What would you recommend? Surely you don't pay per hour for an overnight? ??

Why do you think you shouldn't pay per hour just because it is at night? They are still looking after your children regardless - once your kids are in bed, the babysitter can't just head off out the door, they have to stay in the house!

Advertisement