Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router for small hotel

• 05-05-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Just wondering if any of you knowledgeable folk could recommend a decent wireless router for a small hotel/guest house? Basic requirements are of course excellent range (wireless APs can be installed at a later stage if required) and guest network access. The range is probably the most important factor and the budget is probably under €200. The location is rural and the type of broadband is 10/15 MB fixed wireless (antenna on roof with line of sight to mast). The broadband provider will probably supply a wireless router but I'd imagine it won't be up to scratch!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would anyone have any idea of a ballpark cost of setting up said router and 2 access points (excluding hardware cost).

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get a captive portal.

A. Stop excessive usage
    B. Stop illegal behaviour that YOU are responsible for as the bill payer
    C. Stop clients honey potting other clients

Costs a bit more but especially on a FWA connection a worthwhile investment. Pricing will depend on how much work is involved in linking your APs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Just wondering if any of you knowledgeable folk could recommend a decent wireless router for a small hotel/guest house? Basic requirements are of course excellent range (wireless APs can be installed at a later stage if required) and guest network access. The range is probably the most important factor and the budget is probably under €200. The location is rural and the type of broadband is 10/15 MB fixed wireless (antenna on roof with line of sight to mast). The broadband provider will probably supply a wireless router but I'd imagine it won't be up to scratch!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would anyone have any idea of a ballpark cost of setting up said router and 2 access points (excluding hardware cost).

Cheers!

Maybe not, it could be a Mikrotik and would be ideal. Ask them.

Advertisement