Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish bank accounts and residency

• 05-05-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

What are the Irish bank regulation when resident customers become non-residents? Would the account me automatically closed and any savings forfeited? If the account remains active is DIRT still being collected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

What are the Irish bank regulation when resident customers become non-residents? Would the account me automatically closed
    and any savings forfeited? ................................No

If the account remains active is DIRT still being collected?................Yes........but should not be much if you dont have much in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

ulma1 wrote: »
    What are the Irish bank regulation when resident customers become non-residents?

It is more a bank policy point that a regulation point. Banks treatment of non residents varies from bank to bank.
    Would the account me automatically closed and any savings forfeited?

Sometimes the account will be closed with some banks if they find out that you are non resident. In these cases, the money in the account would be sent back to you.
    If the account remains active is DIRT still being collected?

No DIRT will be charged if you complete a non resident form and submit it to the bank.

Advertisement