Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gentlemen's Forum Thread Ban

Options
  • 05-05-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I was banned from a thread for trolling by ancaphilladora. I have two objections #1 He made that warning when I was in the middle of a response to an other poster and I didn't see it in time and#2 It wasn't trolling. A poster was criticizing my post and I was defending it. I would like the ban removed please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A thread ban does not impact your Boards record (unlike an infraction, warning or ban). It is used by mods to keep threads under control without actually issuing permanent actions.

I suggest that you contact ACD via PM to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭NI24

Sorry I should have been more specific. He thread banned me in the thread and in the middle of typing a post and when I hit submit he forum banned me for the post I had just submitted because he claimed I ignored his in thread ban.

Have you attempted to discuss this via PM with the mod?

Well he said in his post that if I wish to contest to come here. Btw, can you tell me how to link to an entire thread and not just a single post? I can't seem to figure it out.

I'll get a Soc CMod to look at this, per the process outlined above in the flow chart.

Go to the thread, and copy the URL from the browser address bar. Then remove the post info from the URL. For this thread, it's

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99627150

• Advertisement

Listen I'm sorry to drag this out but I don't know what to do next. Here's the link but I don't think I linked it correctly because I don't know how to remove post info http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057562768

Should I include PMs or anything?

The next step, as per the flow chart, is that a CMod will look into this once available. Please be patient with us in the meantime

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

NI24 I will be looking into this for you. Can you please forward me the relevant PMs exchanged between you and the mod who banned you?

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement