Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurious reason for ban

Options
  • 05-05-2016 10:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

It would appear i did not have the same view as the mod on said subject, therefore banned for spurious reason.
    What is wrong about the post below, i fail to see what i posted that warrants a ban, please enlightening me.

You have been banned
    Dear pj.dublin,

You have been permanently banned from Commuting & Transport for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

monument

Moderator Note

Re-registering after a ban is not allow -- you risk all of your accounts getting a permanent ban.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pj.dublin View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murphaph View Post
    LOLZ.
    It's a matter of public record that Transdev have no shortage of applicants and as the minimum entry requirement seems to be a category B driving licence it is fair to assume most are suitable applicants that could be made into Luas drivers in 2 months (it takes years of experience to become a senior developer by the way).

In my company, if we developers all demanded 20% more pay, we'd probably get it, because "code" is the core product at our firm and if the developers left en masse, the firm would essentially cease to exist as the knowledge about the product in our heads is so valuable. You probably can't understand why we wouldn't all band together and demand 20% more pay but we know that our other non-developer colleagues would ultimately pay for it and we simply wouldn't shaft them like that.

PjDublin reply
    Interesting post.
    Why do you take what Transdev said as True, did they offer any proof?

So you software engineers stand up for lesser paid colleagues, and thats a good thing.
    Did the LUAS driver not state that was a reason for rejecting the deal offered, new drivers would be on lesser pay and conditions, are they not to be admired for this stance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi, have you attempted to contact the relevant mod via PM to discuss the action? (See flow chart above)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 pj.dublin

dudara wrote: »
    Hi, have you attempted to contact the relevant mod via PM to discuss the action? (See flow chart above)

Sure have, it would appear to me the ban is because i don't agree with the general view of posters on the LUAS discussion.
    Are opposing views not welcome here? nothing about that in my quick read of the forum charter, i can't see what i did wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as the OP is poster is a serial re-reg who has received multiple site bans in the past, and is once again banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement