Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting out on HKC 1070 Alarm with GSM-SC

Options
  • 05-05-2016 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have the alarm configured to text out on Alarm, Arm and Inhib - I get texts when the Alarm goes off, but not when Arm'ed or Inhibited. Am I missing something in the configuration?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you this set for all users /numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kl2356

I have only 1 mobile number programmed - P01

When I cause the alarm to go off I get 2 texts with Site Name as programmed, and the same time/date stamp - the first text says "Exit Fault", the second "Alarm" and the name of the Zone that triggered the alarm. All as expected. When I then turn off the alarm at the keypad I get an text that says "Unset" with the Site Name, time/date stamp and "U01 User 1". Again, all as expected.

I've also verified that I can send a STATUS text to the system and have it texts back the status of the alarm.

So, at a loss as to why I don't get texts when the alarm is armed.

Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For that user & number have you the other events enabled?

Yes - I believe so, but I will check again and confirm.

Thanks

Just verified P01REP Arm is set to YES.

Thanks

• Advertisement

As far as I remember there is a second place this has to be enabled also.
    Have you changed anything in SMS block assign?
    Are all other phone options set to yes?
    Is everything else reporting?
    Have you tried on full arm & part arms?
    Have you tried adding another number with all options set to yes?

Thanks for this input - in response to your questions:

Have you changed anything in SMS block assign? - No
    Are all other phone options set to yes? - Alarm and Arm set to YES, all others set to NO
    Is everything else reporting? - Alarm is reporting; Arm isn't; haven't tested any of the others
    Have you tried on full arm & part arms? - Yes, neither reports
    Have you tried adding another number with all options set to yes? - No, will try

It will be Saturday before I can get to this - will post how I get on.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Do you have the app installed? The GSM SC will only send Alarm SMS events. It's a back up to the app. The App will report all other events.

Yes - have the App installed & that's working fine. Have just upgraded from the DTV Dialler, partly because the SMS capability on the DTV Dialler was dependent on the Eircom land line to SMS service, so am disappointed if the Securecomm and SMS capabilities cannot co-exist with each other. I might disable the Securecomm option on the alarm and see what happens with the SMS options.

I don't think the App issues notifications when the Alarm is armed - it does for Alarms and Faults. Getting a text when the alarm is set would notify me when an elderly parent leaves the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

kl2356 wrote: »
    Yes - have the App installed & that's working fine. Have just upgraded from the DTV Dialler, partly because the SMS capability on the DTV Dialler was dependent on the Eircom land line to SMS service, so am disappointed if the Securecomm and SMS capabilities cannot co-exist with each other. I might disable the Securecomm option on the alarm and see what happens with the SMS options.

I don't think the App issues notifications when the Alarm is armed - it does for Alarms and Faults. Getting a text when the alarm is set would notify me when an elderly parent leaves the house.

The app can alert you. You need to go into the app and seletct site settings. This gives you a list of check boxes you can have on off. SMS is a back up. Alarm only depending on the plan you have signed up for.

• Advertisement

That's great thanks. Found the setting in the App will will go with that.

Thanks again.

Advertisement