Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling transfer from Ireland to UK

Options
  • 05-05-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've just sold a car and received payment in Sterling Cash, I'm buying another car in the UK so would like to use this sterling cash instead of transferring to euro to transfer back to sterling for the bank transfer (it'll cost me approx 600e).

I've read the easiest way to do this is get the other person's bank detail (IBAN BIC etc.) and drive to Newry to a branch of the same bank as there and do a cash lodgement in one of the electronic machines.

Is this possible as I don't want to drive up North to be stopped saying I can't do that.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Brian_C1 wrote: »
    I've just sold a car and received payment in Sterling Cash, I'm buying another car in the UK so would like to use this sterling cash instead of transferring to euro to transfer back to sterling for the bank transfer (it'll cost me approx 600e).

I've read the easiest way to do this is get the other person's bank detail (IBAN BIC etc.) and drive to Newry to a branch of the same bank as there and do a cash lodgement in one of the electronic machines.

Is this possible as I don't want to drive up North to be stopped saying I can't do that.

Regards.

Depending on the amount, they may ask for proof of where the money came from, so bring some details with you.

But aside from money laundering issues, there shouldn't be a problem.

To be sure, get the branch contact number in newry and call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brian_C1

Thanks for the reply, I'll give the branch a call today to double check it's possible then.

Thanks again

Advertisement