Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning from my mistakes

Options
  • 05-05-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

So I just finished putting together my latest watercooling build. Being the idiot that I am I never tested the motherboard when I got it so of course now it wont boot for me.

Taking it apart is going to be a chore but is going to have to be done. I think I have done as much as I can to rule out the simple problems. And I have used PETG tubing so the loop is going to have to be drained and taken apart so I can take out the video card. :(

Tried venting to my wife last night but she didn't understand/care about my problem. So I said I would post here.

I am at work today planning my next move for the weekend. At the moment its strip it down and start from scratch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

deejer wrote: »
    Tried venting to my wife last night but she didn't understand/care about my problem. So I said I would post here..

Brave man
    Lucky she didnt hit you with it to shut you up

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

385170.jpg

Best of luck to her trying to pick this thing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I know your pain. Never had a dead motherboard, but I did get a dead GPU. This was a second one too:

Drain loop, pull apart, install GPU, fill loop, bleed, test ... [swearing] ... drain loop, pull apart...

I have to ask: Where did you get those organiser cabinet yokes on the right? I could really do with something like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 intune

Just curious what exact system did you use?

I use water cooling (also self assembled) and used the Antec Cooler.
    Great product in my opinion. Self contained never needs to be changed or anything.
    Running smooth for more than 4 years now.

@Serephucus - I think B&Q has some like that maybe? They have a boxes for storage in their last "lane" just before you go into their garden dep. Mightn't be exactly what you are looking for but just in case if you are around there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

deejer wrote: »
    So I just finished putting together my latest watercooling build. Being the idiot that I am I never tested the motherboard when I got it so of course now it wont boot for me.

Taking it apart is going to be a chore but is going to have to be done. I think I have done as much as I can to rule out the simple problems. And I have used PETG tubing so the loop is going to have to be drained and taken apart so I can take out the video card. :(

Tried venting to my wife last night but she didn't understand/care about my problem. So I said I would post here.

I am at work today planning my next move for the weekend. At the moment its strip it down and start from scratch.

Gotta say; air cooling all day erryday. My 6600K is sitting at 32C with a 50 quid Noctua and only gets up to the high 40's/low 50's while gaming. No case fans running either, got them turned off.

I understand man's need to tinker but the payoff/aggro ratio seems very off to me, especially with custom loops. Jayz2cents' channel is a horror show for this sort of thing; fluid colours turning gross, having to bleed rads, nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Serephucus wrote: »
    I have to ask: Where did you get those organiser cabinet yokes on the right? I could really do with something like that.

Think I picked them up in aldi/lidl at different stages. Very handy yokes. Even for having a couple of the drawers out on the table when doing stuff.
    intune wrote: »
    Just curious what exact system did you use

As with all my builds its a bit of a mish mash of parts. Z97 Krait MB, with a G3258 CPU. The GPU is actually a GTX780 I bought from Serephucus last year.

I went all out on the blocks though and got myself spanking new GPU and CPU blocks from EK. All the fittings are Barrow - all the way from China. Can't recommend them enough.

At the moment, all together, its a very expensive looking water feature. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Those organizing shelves/compartments are reasonably priced on Amazon too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I bought those "organiser cabinet yokes" black ones in Pic in Aldi way back & they are the handiest things ever. I think they were about 9 bucks at the time.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement