Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serviced office to rent in city?

Options
  • 05-05-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I am working with a company based in Dublin. I spend 2 days per week in Dublin and 3 in Galway. Rather than working at home, I would like to rent a serviced office in Galway.

Can anyone recommend? I know there are LevelOne offices but they are very expensive.

A desk in an open shared office environment would suit me fine. I know the IDA have some in the Galway Technology Centre but they are booked out.

All help/advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try superpixellabs.com

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Gray Office Park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Cookes Corner have a few new and the Plaza headford road over Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tara Rock 7 in Parkmore (Galway Technology Park) - but they're likely similar pricing to Level One.

There was Sirius Business Centre, but I'm not finding them on Google any more - suspect it's gone.

Unless its very cheap or the company are paying for it would you not just work at home rather than spending money on renting an office. It basically means you will be earning less money if you have to pay for your own office space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Unless its very cheap or the company are paying for it would you not just work at home rather than spending money on renting an office. It basically means you will be earning less money if you have to pay for your own office space.
    Reason may be that he needs an actual office address locally for business purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Reason may be that he needs an actual office address locally for business purposes?

If that's all they need they could Opt for a "Virtual Office".

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

There are lots of reasons why someone might want a proper office to work from, rather than using their kitchen table:

Other people live in the house too, and believe they have a right to use it during the day without being worried about noise.
    Small kitchen table with not much space
    Household furniture is fine for eating dinner, but not ergonomic for sitting at a computer screen all day
    Lease conditions don't allow use of the house for business (yeah, I know many ignore this, but it is real)
    Noise in the neighbourhood (eg if you live next to a primary school)
    Too easy to get distracted from work in the house
    Work is easier in a professional environment
    Cabin fever
    etc

In the OP's case, I'm sure that the company office is the business address, so that's not what he's after here.

IMHO there is a gap in the market for minimally serviced offices: the only options are the start-up focussed labs arrangements, or the full-serviced offices (and the irony of these is the at most of the tenants don't actually use the services).

There are lots of reasons why someone might want a proper office to work from, rather than using their kitchen table:

Other people live in the house too, and believe they have a right to use it during the day without being worried about noise.
    Small kitchen table with not much space
    Household furniture is fine for eating dinner, but not ergonomic for sitting at a computer screen all day

I wasn't suggesting working from the kitchen table. You can buy a desk cheap enough. When I work from home in a shared house I have a desk in my bedroom. If I work form home in my home place we have a proper office setup with big desk, office chair etc which is a great job.

I would say if its a long term thing looking at setting up a proper office at home would be a better investment than spending money on office space, more comfort, no commuting, no parking problems etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

What side of the city do you need, OP?

If on the east, Ballybane Enterprise Centre have some. I believe they are a reasonable price.

http://www.bbec.ie/shared-office-suite/

• Advertisement

I would say if its a long term thing looking at setting up a proper office at home would be a better investment than spending money on office space, more comfort, no commuting, no parking problems etc etc.

Personally I couldn't do it because there just is not the space in my apartment.

But neither you ore I are the OP.

The OPs reasons will different again. Whatever they are, they're looking for suggestions for where to work, not to be told not to!

Advertisement