Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride on mower doesnt start

Options
  • 05-05-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Disclaimer - I dont have a lot of experience with ride on lawnmowers and although I am reasonable with my hands, engine's and electrics are not my area.

12 months ago I bought a second hand castelgarden xe70.
    I got the ride on with box, nothing else, no attachments, accessories, chargers etc

Worked fine for a few more with key start / battery.
    Then the key start stopped working, figured battery is flat and I have no way of charging, should have brought it somewhere but didnt and here we are. Presume I also should have had some way of charging the battery.

After that - I was still about to start it manually pulling the cord and have been using it on and off for 6 months.
    Used it 2 weeks ago. Went to start it today, nothing, doesnt turn over.

Have checked fuel / oil, safety buttons are pushing in fine from under the seat and also were the box attaches, have the brake pedal down all the way, the choke in position and the key turned.

I also disconnected the wire from the spark plug, cleaned the top end of plug and connection, no joy. I havent removed the plug itself (its very awkward to get at) and I dont even know if thats right place to look.

Any idea's or suggestions?
    I presume its not related to the battery as I have been starting with the chord or could it be ?

(Realise I will need to take it to get looked at some point, but need to borrow a trailer tow it there)

Advertisement