Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4 for Windows 10

Options
  • 05-05-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I bought Fallout 4 for PC and when I put it in the disk drive it doesn't show up. I have subscribed to steam and have downloaded the platform but don't know how to proceed. My computer was recently updated to windows 10 and since then doesn't seem to read dvds etc. Any ideas or help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The drive may not be supported by Windows 10 (there were early issues I believe will most DVD drives, but updates seemed to fix most of them). The other option is to use the product code on the physical copy to activate a digital copy through steam. On the bottom left of the Steam client is "+ Add game...", click on that, and then "Activate a product on Steam". Follow the prompts and you should then be able to download the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madamlittle

Thanks, you've made an 11 year old boy very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thanks, you've made an 11 year old boy very happy

Gosh, you're very articulate for an eleven year old boy, madamlittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Zillah wrote: »
    Gosh, you're very articulate for an eleven year old boy, madamlittle.

Proper parenting! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So we've just enabled a parent to help their child, so their child can play the role of a parent trying to help their child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 madamlittle

Luddite mother here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Proper parenting! :)

Game is rated as Mature (17+) though..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Game is rated as Mature (17+) though..:rolleyes:

Like i said, proper parenting.

besides, how else will they learn about not approaching a deathclaw without powerarmour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Game is Mature for a reason.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I personally don't agree with that...

Having played over 50 or 60 hours of Fallout 4 myself, I have no problem with my 11 year old playing the game, same with Skyrim - its tame in comparison to some OTT games like GTA V, DOOM, Shadow Warrior etc...

Depends on how versed in real life the child is, whilst knowing that all games - are a make up fantasy the whole time...

It's not a game I'd let a sensitive child play though, but I can fathom that most parents with some cop on, and who play games themselves (like me) know whether or not a game they deem suitable for their own child....

PEGI ratings are only a guideline and only tell part of the story IMO...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Meh, all discretionary I reckon and I wouldn't say there's too much in it that would be inappropriate for an 11 year old, just depends on how they've been brought up. My parents had no issue with me watching violent action or horror movies from when I was about 9 or 10 (or playing Doom or Quake), yet the f**kers never let me watch Beavis & Butthead (and that was in it's heyday! :mad: ).

That said, Mirelurks and the Lovecraftian stuff would have made me sh*t myself as an 11 year old. I'm pushing for 30 and they still leave me praying that "that noise was just a dry fart" when they pop up out of nowhere now, if I'm low on jet or spray 'n pay. :o

Advertisement