Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Closure

Options
  • 05-05-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I opened a graduate account last year (2015). I got the debit card and raised request multiple times for pin. Unfortunately, I never got that. My bank account is in city centre branch. It is not possible for me to go to city centre during week days. Can I close my account from any other branch? Please help me with this problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

tanvitas wrote: »
    Hi,

I opened a graduate account last year (2015). I got the debit card and raised request multiple times for pin. Unfortunately, I never got that. My bank account is in city centre branch. It is not possible for me to go to city centre during week days. Can I close my account from any other branch? Please help me with this problem.
    Good afternoon tanvitas, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you never received your card pin and are planning to close your account.

A card pin can be ordered on Banking 365 Online through the Online Services Desk or alternatively by calling BOI Direct on 0818365365.

If you are planning on closing your account this can be done by calling into any BOI branch - you will need Photo ID and your account details.

Or you can send a written request by letter only (an email/fax will not be accepted), this can be posted to your nearest branch or drop it in the branch mailbox.

I hope this helps, 

Thanks
    Janette

Advertisement