Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer float damage

Options
  • 05-05-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

When I removed the beer float from my king keg the last time I noticed the clear plastic cylinder had a crack. It seems like you can only replace the whole float http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/latstock-beer-float-p-112.html.
    I presume this part needs to be airtight in order for this system to work? For clarification it's the hard clear plastic cylinder the lower left of the image below.

385179.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

mordeith wrote: »
    I presume this part needs to be airtight in order for this system to work?
    I'm not familiar with the keg but surely you can just fill it with water to test it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the keg but surely you can just fill it with water to test it?

Thanks,
    I don't think that would work as the keg requires the CO2 pressure built-up during secondary fermentation to force the beer out of the tap (at least when the beer goes below the tap level - it's situated near the top of the keg)

I'll try it anyway :D

Advertisement