Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for VISA with unpaid Dart fine conviction

Options
  • 05-05-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

Is it likely to be denied a yearly travel/working VISA for ie NZ AUS if you have a conviction for not paying a Dart fine? I know it would vary per application obviously but in general.

Someone who I met is wondering.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Is it a criminal conviction?
    If not, definitely no problem.
    If so, Probably still no problem.
    Not exactly the violent criminal or serious fraudster they are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Hi Sean, I had a E100 fine from years ago when I applied for my Aus visa. I too was worried about being denied a visa or even worse getting turned back at the boarder, so I contacted a migration agent. So let me save you some money, when I asked the same question she laughed down the phone at me. That was money well spent !! So I wouldn't worry about it. The general rule is if you think it may affect your visa application then declare it !

Advertisement