Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband drops

Options
  • 05-05-2016 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Over the past few months, I have logged 5 tickets with you via eir.ie > support > broadband > log a fault. 

I have no way to track the status of these tickets as your ticketing system does not allow this - you log your ticket and  no reference number is given, just says your issue will be looked at......and thats it, no way to follow it up, check the status, add notes etc.  So I dont really know what has happened my older tickets as no one got back to me and I cannot check the status of them.

I work from home and my broadband line keeps dropping, today 5th May 2016 @ 15:00, it has already dropped 4 times and kicked me off 3 webex sessions, it is just not acceptable.

I am on a wired connection and eir engineers have already checked the internal setup and say its fine. (3 months ago for a separate issue) 

Every time I have an issue, I have to open a new ticket as your ticketing system does not give me an SR reference to go in and update an older ticket.    Can these line drops be looked in to ?  Phone number is 091 850038

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi, 

Over the past few months, I have logged 5 tickets with you via eir.ie > support > broadband > log a fault. 

I have no way to track the status of these tickets as your ticketing system does not allow this - you log your ticket and  no reference number is given, just says your issue will be looked at......and thats it, no way to follow it up, check the status, add notes etc.  So I dont really know what has happened my older tickets as no one got back to me and I cannot check the status of them.

I work from home and my broadband line keeps dropping, today 5th May 2016 @ 15:00, it has already dropped 4 times and kicked me off 3 webex sessions, it is just not acceptable.

I am on a wired connection and eir engineers have already checked the internal setup and say its fine. (3 months ago for a separate issue) 

Every time I have an issue, I have to open a new ticket as your ticketing system does not give me an SR reference to go in and update an older ticket.    Can these line drops be looked in to ?  Phone number is 091 850038
    Hi from_atozinc,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband. 

I would recommend direct troubleshooting on this issue as the technical team will need to sync with your connection, You can contact our broadband technical team directly on 1890260260, free phone 1901. 

- Pamela 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Hi from_atozinc,

I would recommend direct troubleshooting on this issue as the technical team will need to sync with your connection, You can contact our broadband technical team directly on 1890260260, free phone 1901. 

- Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

Do you have any system that gives you a ticket reference number for faults logged ?

Hi from_atozinc,

- Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

Do you have any system that gives you a ticket reference number for faults logged ?
    I'm afraid not  from_atozinc,
    Our faults team will be more that happy to provide you with this reference once they have troubleshooted this with you.

-Pamela 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Hi from_atozinc,

- Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

Our faults team will be more that happy to provide you with this reference once they have troubleshooted this with you.

-Pamela 
    fair enough, but fairly basic in this day and age that you do not have a  fault ticketing system when you log a fault online. 

Hi from_atozinc,

- Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

-Pamela 
    fair enough, but fairly basic in this day and age that you do not have a  fault ticketing system when you log a fault online. 
    The faults team has access to this system from_atozinc,  I'm afraid I would not have access to this system as I would not log faults.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi from_atozinc,

- Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

-Pamela 
    Its not logged until its manually processed X days later. Phone them, save yourself waiting 2x as long as necessary. 

Advertisement