Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Availbility

Options
  • 05-05-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I was looking at the openeir.com website to see if fiber was available for my house. My house falls along the blue line, and apparently the cabinet is now live according to the website.

Yet I have no fibre broadband yet and am left wondering.
    Currently sitting at around 0.75->1mb/s speeds and would really appreciate the upgrade. Our lines are as old as the hills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Consonata wrote: »
    Hello!

I was looking at the openeir.com website to see if fiber was available for my house. My house falls along the blue line, and apparently the cabinet is now live according to the website.

Currently sitting at around 0.75->1mb/s speeds and would really appreciate the upgrade. Our lines are as old as the hills.
    Hi Consonata,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

At the minute we are offering two different fibre services. fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and fibre to the home (FTTH). FTTH is the new service we have launched (this would be indicated by the blue lines on the map).

If you are eligible for FTTC the copper cable is ran from the exchange to the cabinet and then fibre optic cable from the cabinet to your home (you will need to be within 2km's to avail of this usually).
    FTTH is slightly different, fibre optic cable is ran directly from the exchange into your home so this should not be down to distance.

You can check eligibility for both services here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Consonata

Hello!

Hi Consonata,

At the minute we are offering two different fibre services. fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and fibre to the home (FTTH). FTTH is the new service we have launched (this would be indicated by the blue lines on the map).

If you are eligible for FTTC the copper cable is ran from the exchange to the cabinet and then fibre optic cable from the cabinet to your home (you will need to be within 2km's to avail of this usually).
    FTTH is slightly different, fibre optic cable is ran directly from the exchange into your home so this should not be down to distance.

You can check eligibility for both services here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

-Pamela 
    Right, the blue line is along my area so should I be able to avail of FTTH or FTTC?

Hello!

Hi Consonata,

-Pamela 
    Right, the blue line is along my area so should I be able to avail of FTTH or FTTC?
    We would need to test your line once the service has been upgraded Consonata to guarantee this.
    Did you check eligibility for the service here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Consonata

Hello!

Hi Consonata,

-Pamela 
    We would need to test your line once the service has been upgraded Consonata to guarantee this.
    Did you check eligibility for the service here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/?

-Pamela 
    I put in my town and street and it said it was available, just not activated

Hello!

Hi Consonata,

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    I put in my town and street and it said it was available, just not activated
    Do you have an active line Consonata?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement