Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just need to vent!

Options
  • 05-05-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

We are a community group running a festival.  We went to the Bank of Ireland to look after our banking needs because of the Enterprise Town scheme.

30th March 2016: Appointment to meet person at the BOI to explain the group, festival, our grant offer(s), and need for an overdraft facility.

Told it would take a week to open account.

Since then:
    • Original person went on leave.  No contact from replacement.
    • Went to bank every single day for a week to meet replacement who was either out, busy or at lunch.
    • Eventually received open account information and cheque book; we needed to amend account name.
    • Went for 3 days running trying to meet replacement to change account name.  Eventually front office member of staff produced a form for us to fill in.
    • Went to bank 2 or 3 times to see if had been done.
    • Asked about o/draft facility. Was told "someone" had applied for it.  Went in this Monday - asked to come back in today (Thursday).  Person was at lunch.  Left phone number.  No call.  Decided to go in before 4pm and was told "nah - that was declined".  A phone call of such would have been appreciated?
    [*]

Each time I go to the bank it is 30 minutes out of my time.  This is a voluntary effort and a phone call from the bank from all these queries / visits would help.

It's taken 37 DAYS from the original meeting at the Bank to this point.  In the meantime everything is delayed - it's 3 months to said festival and printing/ insurance etc has to be paid for and if 30 or so days ago I had the answer I had today - we would have made different arrangements.

I personally feel misused, neglected and basically disgusted by this saga of events and question the "Enterprise Town" ethos of the Bank of Ireland.  Is this just a way of avoiding tax?

WildSaffron

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

We are a community group running a festival.  We went to the Bank of Ireland to look after our banking needs because of the Enterprise Town scheme.

30th March 2016: Appointment to meet person at the BOI to explain the group, festival, our grant offer(s), and need for an overdraft facility.

Since then:

• Went to bank every single day for a week to meet replacement who was either out, busy or at lunch.

• Eventually received open account information and cheque book; we needed to amend account name.

• Went for 3 days running trying to meet replacement to change account name.  Eventually front office member of staff produced a form for us to fill in.

• Asked about o/draft facility. Was told "someone" had applied for it.  Went in this Monday - asked to come back in today (Thursday).  Person was at lunch.  Left phone number.  No call.  Decided to go in before 4pm and was told "nah - that was declined".  A phone call of such would have been appreciated?

[*]

Each time I go to the bank it is 30 minutes out of my time.  This is a voluntary effort and a phone call from the bank from all these queries / visits would help.

It's taken 37 DAYS from the original meeting at the Bank to this point.  In the meantime everything is delayed - it's 3 months to said festival and printing/ insurance etc has to be paid for and if 30 or so days ago I had the answer I had today - we would have made different arrangements.

I personally feel misused, neglected and basically disgusted by this saga of events and question the "Enterprise Town" ethos of the Bank of Ireland.  Is this just a way of avoiding tax?

WildSaffron
    [*]
    Good morning Wildsaffron, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm so sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time opening an account with Bank of Ireland.

If you want to send a PM with your name, phone number and branch I'll request the Customer Service Manager contacts you to discuss this further, as this is not the service we strive for with Bank of Ireland.

Alternatively if you would like to lodge a formal complaint here's our complaint procedure.

Again my sincere apologies,

Thanks
    Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

Since then:

[*]

WildSaffron

[*]

Thanks for your post.

I'm so sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time opening an account with Bank of Ireland.

If you want to send a PM with your name, phone number and branch I'll request the Customer Service Manager contacts you to discuss this further, as this is not the service we strive for with Bank of Ireland.

Alternatively if you would like to lodge a formal complaint here's our complaint procedure.

Thanks
    Janette
    [*]
    Thanks Janet.

I am unable to send you a PM - I think you have to enable the option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Since then:

[*]

WildSaffron

[*]

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Janette

[*]
    Thanks Janet.

I am unable to send you a PM - I think you have to enable the option.
    [*]
    Hi WildSaffron, 

Sorry to hear you were unable to send a message, there should be a link under my name which you can click on to send a message as long as your settings are applied to enable private messaging. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement