Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in developing business ideas

Options
  • 05-05-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Might be slight "left of field" but advise would be appreciated:

Iam a stay at home day with 2 kids at school and 1 toddler so time is precious. Anyway I have about 5 business ideas/blogs but have done little or nothing to develop them. Mainly due to (1)lack of self confidence(2) not sure where to start(3) time is an issue BUT i also use it as an excuse-would do ironing rather than sit down and research!

So it got me thinking if I got the services of a life coach or business mentor would this put me on the right direction-someone to answer to and point me in right direction Really feel as need get something of the ground so that when number 3 hits school age (more time to myself) that I can hit the ground running.

thought please or if anyone has had similar experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

If you are going to set up a business or run a blog you will need to invest the time, there is no way around that

Im not sure what else there is to say - a life coach/business mentor isnt going to listen to your idea and give you a list of things to do, or do your research for you, in order to bring it to fruition. They will more than likely give you some generic plan like "The five P's you need for success" and talk in general, wishy washy language and charge you a ball of money for it

If you have an idea for a blog then this is probably the easiest thing in the world to get up and running at - why don't you just go ahead with that? Start the blog and commit to writing 1 or 2 articles a week, then track your hits, then focus on increasing hits, build a social media presence, then figure out a strategy for monetising etc etc. It will be very hard to get established, there will be ****loads to learn but there are proven strategies to build an audience out there if you persevere. All blogs started with just setting up the site, writing content and building from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think its one of those things you have to just do to see does it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

You're just going to have to force yourself to become productive. You say you have 5 ideas, for all you know they could be worthless until you try them.

Follow the MVP approach and just get something, anything, out there and start getting feedback on it.

Once you see your ideas coming to life it should be a motivator in and of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 selfi

From my experience focus on one thing. Five ideas are great but get just one right. Quality not quantity. Beside with kids there is no way you could dedicate time to all 5 things.

Decide where you want this to lead you, what audience you want to target, is there a way you could expand it from blog to something bigger maybe platform for business entrepreneurs etc. There is loads of thing you can do just decide on your route and be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

Starting a blog is easy. Getting it to a mass audience is hard. You will need to come up with a good deal of quality content. How then would you make people aware of the blog. Even after all that how would you make money? Advertising? You would need to review the numbers and see if it is worth it. Having said that, if you are stuck in a grind with young kids writing the blog and getting readers could be an end in itself? A bit of adult brain time!

In relation to the other business ideas, would they be revenue generating? They may be a better bet for further investigation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement