Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toughers Entrance Road

Options
  • 05-05-2016 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Just got a email from the office - works on a proper road into Toughers commences on Monday.

Whilst the works are taking place entrance and exit to the park will be via the TOP station route, past Kellihers electrical, turn right at Fastlane tyres and then continue on or if you are in the ladytown section, go past NCT centre and continue straight.

Works will take 6 weeks, but entrance section is being priortised.

Finally the craters will be gone. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jaysus, was down that road for the NCT a few weeks ago, shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Bout time, never seen such a well used road in such a bad state!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Petermc83

I wonder did the article recently in the Independant have something to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Petermc83 wrote: »
    I wonder did the article recently in the Independant have something to do with it?

No. Tommy Tougher went into Nama. Nama put park up for sale last year, it was stated that the road required extensive work. Deal completed in March, new owners put tender out at end of March, tender choosen mid April, work started Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Just heard this has been completed - looking forward to my trip there tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

VincePP wrote: »
    Finally the craters will be gone. :p

Ah the poor aul craters..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Will the ramps be even bigger?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Its so much better cant believe it was so bad. Anybody got a link to the Independent article?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This video by Kildare Now was mentioned in an article recently (probably the Independent's) which I'm sure didn't do any harm:

Advertisement