Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a business, how would you like to be approached?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

Hi Hanley

Just to chime in here briefly.

Congratulations on starting your business in what would be deemed a difficult sector these days. Some great feedback here already.

You have a niche market which you clearly demonstrated exists. In 2016 that's like Gold dust. Don't underestimate your target market. These people know what they want and the high barrier to entry will mean that they won't have to line up in the shower / changing areas if you know what I mean !

Fitness and diet are clearly linked to a good health and long life. Peter Diamandis follows those lines as it relates to longevity of life. He reckons in the medium term we will all live till we're 120 yrs with the proper diet, exercise, and of course sensor technology. He's a former physician.

Also..There is a woman called Natalie Jill. She is a dietitian that was able to pivot her business into fitness. No reason why it wouldn't work the other way around. She concludes that diet & fitness only work when combined. I heard some podcasts on her and she was cracking it big time.

Would an early opening time Monday to Saturday be something that would draw so more memberships?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

You might find it easier in large companies / multinationals to approach the person in charge of the sports & social club rather than a higher level decision maker.

This is usually a standard employee and they will often have more time to consider and reply to your proposition.

Some large pharma multinationals in the Blanchardstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Morning Hanley,

I have a good friend who provided corporate health classes on location, this was providing yoga / pilates and massage.

He did one day a week in 2 big companies and that was enough for him (due other commitments).

In your reply about what members receive (post #11) , I see the open gym as the only item that wouldn't fit in your van.

You do mention training people off site would be a nightmare, but training people off-site also allows you to demo your product to a wider interested audience.

Could you provide a toned down (sorry!) training class at a company's location ? and then use this platform to sell your follow on service?

In my last workplace, there was a gym here in Dublin who regularly come to our canteen (with H.R. approval) and provide fitness tests and gym membership deals, and I believe they had a better rate of success because people were on their home turf and it was a human they could approach and talk with.

I think this is a good way to meet potential clients, as opposed to a beginner going all the way to your gym in an unsure manner, having trouble with directions (I know the sign is coming) , and then interrupting a class in progress.

Really, the point I am trying to make is an easier journey for the customer to get to meet you and from there it should be 'fait accompli'.

Further, I have just finished reading your blog entry on increasing your bench, this content is excellent, well above the usual drone that's on the web. All you need to do is get to speak to people and I believe they will sign up in droves.

If I saw an online deal for your gym I would consider going back for a refresher course and some motivation and personal training, it is obvious you folks are pro's , So, who is doing your online advertising ??

I do hope this helps Hanley,
    Sysprog

With respect, the above , is exactly how not to reply Enda :-)

sending a customer off to a website to find out for themselves is the same as sending you off to your local library. they have to want to read.

I'm merely making a point, rather two points:

1) It is important to identify a potential client and stay with them until a sale is made. "and if you sign up to Hanley today I can throw in a shaker, yoga mat and 10% off ...."

2) Offering Hanley the chance to describe their service,and how they see it, allows us a bit more of an insight into mindset , and what areas they might be more passionate about than others.

forgive my calling out of your post, I know we both want to see Hanley get bigger ;-)

Sysprog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

With respect, the above , is exactly how not to reply Enda :-)

sending a customer off to a website to find out for themselves is the same as sending you off to your local library. they have to want to read.

I'm merely making a point, rather two points:

1) It is important to identify a potential client and stay with them until a sale is made. "and if you sign up to Hanley today I can throw in a shaker, yoga mat and 10% off ...."

2) Offering Hanley the chance to describe their service,and how they see it, allows us a bit more of an insight into mindset , and what areas they might be more passionate about than others.

forgive my calling out of your post, I know we both want to see Hanley get bigger ;-)

Sysprog

With respect sys, you asked 5 questions, 4 of which could be answered if you had simply looked at the website...

• Advertisement

yep, valid point Enda, but I didn't want to go read his website. such is the trait in us all to be lazy at times

I asked Hanely a question , and when a potential customer asks a question then I feel (imho) that they should be guided through the journey until you have the payment card details and subscription from them.

referring people off to a lifeless website to do their own research could be counter productive.

#dyel ;-)

Advertisement