Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairing HR strap with forerunner 235

Options
  • 05-05-2016 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Recently got the 235 for the OHRM but it seems to be terrible for accurate readings and I've been trying to pair my old strap from the 210 to it but it won't work. Sensors and accessories is showing nothing and I'm getting no readings even when I hold the watch right up against the sensor. Anyone got any ideas to get it going and is the 210 strap compatible with the 235?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I was just in Run Logic with the same question as I can't get a reading off my HRM for my 610. Apparently it's a 'thing' and he gave me their customer support number to call. I'll give them a try and see if they will replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I don't know about the 210 strap, but my 235 pairs automatically to to strap from my 310t. My strap is a soft strap, but not the newest kind.
    I get ok readings from the optical heart rate by wearing it about 2 inches above the wrist and tied fairly tight, but its's still not great during intervals etc. It frequently locked onto cadence instead of HR before the latest software update - so make sure you're running the latest software (4.20 firmware, 2.60 sensor hub). For most easy runs and long runs its fine though.
    This forum should have more info:

https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?553-Forerunner-235

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

El Caballo wrote: »
    Recently got the 235 for the OHRM but it seems to be terrible for accurate readings and I've been trying to pair my old strap from the 210 to it but it won't work. Sensors and accessories is showing nothing and I'm getting no readings even when I hold the watch right up against the sensor. Anyone got any ideas to get it going and is the 210 strap compatible with the 235?

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking this thread, looking at getting the 235 for my birthday.

Apart from running and HRM, does it do the following?
    measure Steps
    Sleep,
    Phone notifications
    sitting for too long notification
    sync with Endomondo (Have the premium)

Thanks
    BobbyT28

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for hijacking this thread, looking at getting the 235 for my birthday.

Apart from running and HRM, does it do the following?
    measure Steps
    Sleep,
    Phone notifications
    sitting for too long notification
    sync with Endomondo (Have the premium)

Thanks
    BobbyT28

All of the above. I think you sync with Garmin connect and then that syncs with Endomondo. Also does cadence, programmed workouts through Garmin Connect, cycling, indoor running and cycling, all day heart rate, resting heart rate, v02 max, recovery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Didn't think it did inactivity alerts (?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

sconhome wrote: »

Be great if it did

sconhome wrote: »

Press the "run" button, scroll down to "settings", "activity tracking" the ensure that "status" and "move alert" are switched on

Advertisement