Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish naval recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robert m

Lint rollers brilliant would never have thought of that! Would you be able to tell me what the issued gear consists of ? I'm curious as to how many hangers , name tags to get , and what in General does the first week of Pt consist of ? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Robert m wrote: »
    Lint rollers brilliant would never have thought of that! Would you be able to tell me what the issued gear consists of ? I'm curious as to how many hangers , name tags to get , and what in General does the first week of Pt consist of ? Thanks again.

You'll be wearing the army dpms until around week 17&18. Then you'll be issued your navy GDR. You'll be in DF tracksuits for the first few days. Then you'll be issued two of everything shirts, t shirt's, pants and a pair if boots. Also for pt a singlet and shorts. Oh and boots as well. You'll also need hangers for your civvies. I know it probably lists iron on labels but we just wrote out names on all our kit.

You have to do a Manuel handling course first which is done on like day 2 or 3. Once done you are then able to do Pt's and EMA's as well as beastings. Your first EMA will be painful haha. You'll build up as you are up every morning to do EMA's. Depending on instructors sometimes 6:00 or 6:30. First Pt will be circuits or a run. Circuits are slow at start but eventually get quite hard. The runs are the worst at start there slow and short but by the end you'll be expected to run quite fast and run around 10k or more.

Seems dauntless but you'll build fitness very fast as you have 2-3 pts a week and EMA's every morning. Plus you'll be punished a lot so press ups and up and down the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Larryr001

Hi
    Does anybody know what we should wear on Monday is it formal / casual ?
    Thanks a million

Lads good luck for today! Take pride in that you've gotten this far and your about to embark on one of the toughest but most rewarding course's and get the honour of wearing the tricolour on your shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Tommf

Do you know if there is any word on them rising the wages any time soon?

• Advertisement

Just got date for medical, 9th of March!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

Tommf wrote: »
    Just got date for medical, 9th of March!

Got mine for 28th feb. Apperantly the next intake is around may.

Ciaran.m wrote: »
    Got mine for 28th feb. Apperantly the next intake is around may.

Recruit class starting in may? Where did u hear, didn't think they knew that yet,

Recruit class starting in may? Where did u hear, didn't think they knew that yet,

I emailed them and they said its not 100% yet but it is planned sometime around may bud

Ah rite wel that's good to know roughly wen things b starting, gives us a chance to try get fitness levels up for den

• Advertisement

Ah rite wel that's good to know roughly wen things b starting, gives us a chance to try get fitness levels up for den

True that man

True that man

Was emailing them earlier, was told ders good chance won't even get on the next class, could b staying on the panel for the next one, hard to know wats happening!

Was emailing them earlier, was told ders good chance won't even get on the next class, could b staying on the panel for the next one, hard to know wats happening!

Why is that?

Why is that?

They just said you'll get an email telling u if your starting the next class or going to remain on the panel, 2/3 weeks b4 the class starts

They just said you'll get an email telling u if your starting the next class or going to remain on the panel, 2/3 weeks b4 the class starts

That dosent mean you wont get the next class bud

That dosent mean you wont get the next class bud

In saying all that it is unlikely you will be called for the class that may/may not be inducted in May 2017.

That's what they told me, mayb there is alot still on the panel and mayb depends on how many ppl back out from now and then I dono

In saying all that it is unlikely you will be called for the class that may/may not be inducted in May 2017.

That's what they told me, mayb there is alot still on the panel and mayb depends on how many ppl back out from now and then I dono

Yeah your right man, and there might be a few ads that drop out during training.ive my medcal done for the army do that will cover me for the navy...saying that i could be called to start with the army im hoping to get kilkenny in 3 weeks. And im sure there might be a couple lads that got the army instead of navy

Yeah your right man, and there might be a few ads that drop out during training.ive my medcal done for the army do that will cover me for the navy...saying that i could be called to start with the army im hoping to get kilkenny in 3 weeks. And im sure there might be a couple lads that got the army instead of navy

Ah rite fare play, I'm unfortunately 2 old for army but that would of been my first choice

Ah rite fare play, I'm unfortunately 2 old for army but that would of been my first choice

Damn well best of luck with the navy pal you will get it, take care. But after navy training you could transfer to the army.

Damn well best of luck with the navy pal you will get it, take care. But after navy training you could transfer to the army.

Yeah Same to you where ever ya end up, yea iv heard bout that alryt think I'd need to do a year or 2 b4 trying that tho but see wat happens sounds like a good experience anyways!

• Advertisement

Has anyone done medical and got results yet? Any word on when next recruit class starts?

Has anyone done medical and got results yet? Any word on when next recruit class starts?

Word going about base that next class is in May. It'll be a big class like the current one, though 11 have left recruits since the start and there will probably be more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Svejk90

Did mine in the midle of february, no word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Svejk90

Any idea how many still waiting on the panel?

mrmanor wrote: »
    Word going about base that next class is in May. It'll be a big class like the current one, though 11 have left recruits since the start and there will probably be more to go.

Ah i see, do u know wat would b the chances of getting timeoff end of July to attend a family if I do start??

Ah i see, do u know wat would b the chances of getting timeoff end of July to attend a family if I do start??

Depends on what type of event it is really. It's up to the NCOs but I'm sure if it's a good reason they'll let you off. Also the next class will be on a completely different syllabus a shorter recruit training but you'll learn more prior to starting.

Depends on what type of event it is really. It's up to the NCOs but I'm sure if it's a good reason they'll let you off. Also the next class will be on a completely different syllabus a shorter recruit training but you'll learn more prior to starting.

Sorry family wedding I meant, thanks for reply, would need to be starting cardio training farely soon!

Sorry family wedding I meant, thanks for reply, would need to be starting cardio training farely soon!

Definitely do, the current class are doing up to 4 runs a week on top of alll the other activities like EMAs, circuits, beastings. The better your fitness is coming in the easier it'll be for you in recruits. The current class are getting hammered with fitness.

Definitely do, the current class are doing up to 4 runs a week on top of alll the other activities like EMAs, circuits, beastings. The better your fitness is coming in the easier it'll be for you in recruits. The current class are getting hammered with fitness.

Do you know if we get an email saying we passed medical or will they only contact you if you failed??

• Advertisement

Do you know if we get an email saying we passed medical or will they only contact you if you failed??

Take no news as good news. They'll only inform you if you failed the medical.

Advertisement