Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meter serial number mix up

Options
  • 05-05-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I have just moved out of my house and when I sent pictures of my last meter reading to airtricity they said that the serial number on the meter was incorrect and did not correspond to my address.
    I know that the serial numbers correspond to my address becuase I took the pictures myself, there are no other meters in the house and I am the only person who has access to these meters.

They are now charging me for a different meter serial number, which is NOT my house serial number. The readings on this OTHER meter are huge and much larger than my own readings

I think that the incorrect meter serial number has been assigned to my house 2 years ago when the electricity was first connected. (it was connected to the house next door at exactly the same time)
    I live in a house numbered 28 and next door is 28a and a previous tenant just admitted that he had registered the other house under the wrong number. i.e. he registered his account under number 28, even though he was living in number 28a

As a result, airtricity have a very high meter reading for what they believe is my house. I Have been groosely overcharged for the last 2 years.

I have been constantly on the phone for the last 2 weeks but nobody will help me, ESB networks wont talk to me about the account, because apparently it's now closed and under a new name (I believe the neighbours closed the account as they moved out 3 weeks ago also---i.e. wrong account, wrong address) and airtricity will not give me my money back .

I have no idea what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi finnoodles,

Thanks for your message.

We regret to read of the mix-up regarding your meter. However, as Electric Ireland was not your supplier at the time, we would be unable to look into this matter for you.

We would advise that you contact your previous supplier in order to have this matter resolved.

Should you have any questions regarding Electric Ireland please don't hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5 finnoodles

Hi finnoodles,

Thanks for your message.

We regret to read of the mix-up regarding your meter. However, as Electric Ireland was not your supplier at the time, we would be unable to look into this matter for you.

We would advise that you contact your previous supplier in order to have this matter resolved.

Should you have any questions regarding Electric Ireland please don't hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    Ok thanks Brige,
    Unfortunately they keep telling me there is nothing they can do because they received the new reading from you and they keep telling me that I need to deal with you.
    It's very frustrating when 2 different groups blame each other and neither are willing to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi again finnoodles,

Thanks for your message.

Was your account closed due to a new occupant switching from your previous supplier to Electric Ireland? Electric Ireland would only provide a reading to another supplier in the case of a switch, and this reading would have been provided to us by the occupant.

All other electricity readings, actual and estimated, would be provided by ESB Networks, they supply all electricity, regardless of supplier. If your query is in relation to an ESB Networks provided reading you will need to contact them directly, they can be called on 1850 372 757.

If your account was closed due to an Electric Ireland reading, this would have been done up to a customer-provided reading to facilitate the changing of electricity suppliers. If this is the case the Electric Ireland account holder would need to contact us directly, in order for us to look into this fully.

Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement