Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom renovation

Options
  • 05-05-2016 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for idea of cost of labour only for a full bathroom renovation, details below:
    Dublin based
    Size of bathroom - approx. 40sq feet
    Removing bathroom suite that is currently there. Tiles (floor and halfway up wall), electric shower, toilet, sink

Will be tiling full wall and floor.
    Installing "L-shaped" bath (and tiling front panel)
    Installation of pumped shower at end wall of bath
    Sink/Vanity unit/taps
    Toilet
    New Rad (and moving approx. 6 inches away from current position)
    Installing extractor fan (linked to light switch)
    Tanking wall behind shower
    All the other little bits - toilet roll holder, hand towel ring etc

Outside of this how much approximately to change the tank in the hot press - its quite small at the moment and would like to upgrade it while doing the full job instead of having to upgrade it in a few years.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tough one to price.
    are you looking for one guy that can do it all or a tiler for the tiles, a plumber for the fixtures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

€50k minimum these days. We are BACK!

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Anyway about 7 years ago I did exactly as you are planning, 4.5k the lot. Including removing and disposal of old bath, sink and pan, removal of old tiles, replacement with villeroy and bosch fittings, pumped shower, new bath, hand basin, and toilet, new plumbing to fit that, new towel rad thing, and re tiling and finishing.

I hope that helps.

Sorry just re read your post. Labour was included, but you might be able to deduce from above!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

€50k minimum these days. We are BACK!

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Anyway about 7 years ago I did exactly as you are planning, 4.5k the lot. Including removing and disposal of old bath, sink and pan, removal of old tiles, replacement with villeroy and bosch fittings, pumped shower, new bath, hand basin, and toilet, new plumbing to fit that, new towel rad thing, and re tiling and finishing.

I hope that helps.

Sorry just re read your post. Labour was included, but you might be able to deduce from above!

Thanks, yeah that's the kind of ball park I had in mind but it appears the bubble times are indeed back. Will get a 3/4 quotes before doing it.

On mobile so struggling to quote first response, looking for somebody to do the job start to finish rather than having to arrange separate plumber/tiler/electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

Turkish1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for idea of cost of labour only for a full bathroom renovation, details below:
    Dublin based
    Size of bathroom - approx. 40sq feet
    Removing bathroom suite that is currently there. Tiles (floor and halfway up wall), electric shower, toilet, sink

Will be tiling full wall and floor.
    Installing "L-shaped" bath (and tiling front panel)
    Installation of pumped shower at end wall of bath
    Sink/Vanity unit/taps
    Toilet
    New Rad (and moving approx. 6 inches away from current position)
    Installing extractor fan (linked to light switch)
    Tanking wall behind shower
    All the other little bits - toilet roll holder, hand towel ring etc

Outside of this how much approximately to change the tank in the hot press - its quite small at the moment and would like to upgrade it while doing the full job instead of having to upgrade it in a few years.

40m2 seems very small for a bath ,toilet and basin along with space for a radiator .
    4.5k is good money to be getting paid for that size of bathroom.

Advertisement