Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Ban Appeal

Options
  • 05-05-2016 6:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hello,

6 months ago I was permanently banned from After Hours. I was told to come back in 6 months without any warnings/infractions/bans and appeal my ban. I'm not sure when 6 months is up, but I was banned in November and it is now May, 6 months roughly. If I am too early, please review my appeal now and if accepted, unban me whenever you choose.

I have two things to address.

1. I was banned because of a history of trolling on After Hours. I have learned to take this site more seriously after being here for quite a while (proven by my clean record in the last 6 months). I know that my posting habits could have been considered trolling, however, it is with full honesty that I say that I did not mean to troll. I didn't make those posts with the intent of annoying people, therefore, I didn't consider them trolling. However, I realise how idiotic I was back then.

2. I was finally banned for the rape joke. I made a joke, pretending to be a rapist. You can bring it up on your system if you want because I feel retarded even thinking about what I said in that post. Anyway, I made a joke that I was a rapist. I was not making fun of rape, I know it's a serious thing. I just wanted to (jokingly) make it seem like I was a rapist. At the time, I did not consider the fact that anyone could have seen that post and be offended. A rape victim or the family of a rape victim could have seen that. Putting myself in the shoes of those people made me feel disgusted with the joke.

I would like to apologise to the After Hours moderator team for wasting their time. From my experience on this site, I have learned to think before I post. Let me make you a promise, I will never get another warning/infraction/ban on this site again, that includes After Hours.

Please forgive me, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Link to previous appeal...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057527306

OP - Please note that your ban was permanent. While I appreciate the fact that you've kept a clean sheet over the past 6 months, any decision on your AH ban will be made entirely at the discretion of the AH Mods & the Social & Fun CMods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll have a look for you. Coming up to the weekend so bear with us :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'll have a look for you. Coming up to the weekend so bear with us :)

Thanks.

Hi Notavirus,

You've admitted to doing wrong and offered, what seems like, a genuine apology to not only the mods but posters too. Thanks for that.

Myself and the AH mods have given a lot of time on this and previous incidents, I hope we don't have to give anymore...

The mods have reached an agreement. Your ban will be lifted with the condition that you will be on 6 months probation in AH. Any warning, infraction or ban will lead to a perma ban.

If you confirm that you agree to this I'll lift your ban. The 6 months probation will start from the day your ban is lifted.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hi Notavirus,

You've admitted to doing wrong and offered, what seems like, a genuine apology to not only the mods but posters too. Thanks for that.

Myself and the AH mods have given a lot of time on this and previous incidents, I hope we don't have to give anymore...

The mods have reached an agreement. Your ban will be lifted with the condition that you will be on 6 months probation in AH. Any warning, infraction or ban will lead to a perma ban.

If you confirm that you agree to this I'll lift your ban. The 6 months probation will start from the day your ban is lifted.

Cheers.

I agree, definitely. I apologise again for my previous trouble making. I was still relatively new on the site when I was banned. Since my ban, I've had time to use the other forums and I've learned just how great this site is when you actually take part in discussions rather than just making stupid jokes. I'm 100% confident you will not be dealing with me again.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Ban has been lifted, thanks.

Admin can mark as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement