Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nonpayment of salary

Options
  • 05-05-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of this?
    I'm three months with new employer and only received two weeks wages.
    I finished last week over the outstanding wages.
    Employer won't answer the phone or issue me a p45.
    What can I do? The amount owed is considerable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scot1964

Previous post of mine..A P45 is your legal requirement.. Ring revenue, they will sort..

"I had this problem, when they refused to give it (P45) to me. After contacting Revenue I sent a formal letter with the following..
    "“It is a legal requirement that on cessation of employment in the State, that the employer provide the employee with a P45. Failure to do so is in breach of Irish Statute and will be dealt with accordingly”
    They (Revenue) have also stated that any disputes (financial or otherwise) are strictly between an employer / employee and are not relevant to the Statutory requirements and the legal obligation of the employer to provide the employee with their P45, as the P45 shows what has been paid to date."
    I asked for the person refusing to release it so Revenue could deal with them direct.
    My P45 was in the post that evening!

As for not paying you - small claims court / solicitor - providing you have a contract / can prove what you were owed etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If he's not issuing a P45 then definitely let Revenue know.

Is this a small business / sole trader? Does it look like they're going under?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What did your contract say about payment of wages?

I'd one job where I had to work a month in hand, and got paid 35 days after the end of the relevant month, so after 7 weeks working there I got a weeks wages.

Then it levelled out.

Was there anything in your contract in relation to when you would be paid and any lead in times?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

ED E wrote: »
    If he's not issuing a P45 then definitely let Revenue know.

Is this a small business / sole trader? Does it look like they're going under?

I will notify revenue tomorrow.

It's a professional service firm with two partners. It maybe going under?
    One partner is having a breakdown due to personal issues.

I just feel so wronged. I can't understand how it is so difficult to get them to pay my salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Stheno wrote: »
    What did your contract say about payment of wages?

I'd one job where I had to work a month in hand, and got paid 35 days after the end of the relevant month, so after 7 weeks working there I got a weeks wages.

Then it levelled out.

Was there anything in your contract in relation to when you would be paid and any lead in times?

I was to be paid monthly but reading my contract it says to be weekly in arrears.

While working there I asked repeated to be paid and was promised many times that it was paid, but it never was.
    Even emailing me eft payment that never cleared.
    He won't answer the phone to me or reply to emails.
    I'm due 6k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

COntact the Work place relations commission for advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/Publications_Forms/Workplace-Relations-Complaint-Form-v9.pdf

This is the only route open to you.
    You are complaining under the Payment of Wages act.
    Make sure you have the correct business name of your employer.
    If you go to a solicitor he will write to them and they will ignore the letters.
    SCC is not open to you because this form is the official option for you.
    Good luck.

Advertisement