Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved network - now unable to call anyone on iD

Options
  • 05-05-2016 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭

Have a sim I switched to Lyca from Tesco. All went OK but now I am able to call my iD mobile. Just wondering anyone who has had this problem before. Who is at fault? Is it the network I have left, the one that I joined or the one I am calling?

Tia
    Frosty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The network you've left has nothing to do with you any more, your existence on phone networks is now via Lyca.

Its not uncommon for ported numbers to be unreachable for a little while to INBOUND calls as the call routing tables update, but I havent heard about it for OUTBOUND calls. Get in touch with Lyca.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ED E wrote: »
    The network you've left has nothing to do with you any more, your existence on phone networks is now via Lyca.

Its not uncommon for ported numbers to be unreachable for a little while to INBOUND calls as the call routing tables update, but I havent heard about it for OUTBOUND calls. Get in touch with Lyca.

Yeah I'll fire off an email to them and see what they say, thanks. I remember hearing something along the lines of people on 48 or tesco or one of the mnvos having issues contacting some other network as there was no agreement in place but can't remember what it was now. Was thinking it might be something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Good Luck in getting them to sort it out, I'm on ID (with a ported 083 Three number) and I can't get calls from Lyca customers for a while now.

I even got myself a Lyca SIM just to test it because I thought people are making it up and unfortunately I can't call myself on ID either.

However it seams that this is only the case for ported numbers, as from Lyca I can dial 089 numbers of ID that were not roamed in.

Good Luck in getting them to sort it out, I'm on ID (with a ported 083 Three number) and I can't get calls from Lyca customers for a while now.

I even got myself a Lyca SIM just to test it because I thought people are making it up and unfortunately I can't call myself on ID either.
    Good to know it's not just me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kingdanny486

get away from id network last sunday signed up for bill pay i had been with them for three months apart from messages coming in very late ie the next day or during night it was ok. anyway i signed up last sunday . by tue evening they still had not moved my number to new sim card. i could only get calls in. i rang up canceled the debit. i got one text message at 4 am when i rang to see if everything was ok my girlfriend said yes i sent that yesterday.

• Advertisement

Has anyone contacted iD about this issue? What was their response? What was their resolution?

How many people here are currently with iD and cannot accept get calls or texts from their friends on 48 months or lyca?

Advertisement