Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 WiFi Connection Slow

Options
  • 05-05-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭

After the latest console update is anyone else's WiFi connection abysmally slow? Everything was fine until I performed the update a few days ago.

Literally getting 1.6 kbps down when I do a speed test and can't even open the store nevermind play online.

All laptops, phones etc. reporting normal speeds from the same area of the house :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    After the latest console update is anyone else's WiFi connection abysmally slow? Everything was fine until I performed the update a few days ago.

Literally getting 1.6 kbps down when I do a speed test and can't even open the store nevermind play online.

All laptops, phones etc. reporting normal speeds from the same area of the house :(

I should add to this that the PS4 speed check gives a relatively normal upload speed of 1.5-2 Mbps but the download speed is always painfully slow, 1-100 kbps.

Perplexing that it can have a normal upload stream but then a way below par download speed.

Advertisement