Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What foods/condiments do you miss?

Options
  • 05-05-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Flying to Vancouver to see a few mates in a few weeks and I plan to bring a load of stuff over from the UK (don't live in Ireland anymore) but can still get some Irish products here.

So tell me what you miss the most and your unhappiness will contribute to their happiness :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Lucozade, Breakfast Rolls, Nice cheese (that doesn't cost the earth), decent Guinness,

I guess most of that stuff isn't that transportable so not much help to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

You can get Lucozade in TNT market by Tinseltown between The Pint and Rogers Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 29 onworld

There's a store at Dubar/41st called the 'Celtic treasure chest' that sell Irish and UK food. I paid $12 for a 1 litre bottle of Lucozade there lol. Is it cheaper at TNT?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 throwawaygirl

fergusb wrote: »
    Lucozade, Breakfast Rolls, Nice cheese (that doesn't cost the earth), decent Guinness,

you can get dubliner cheese at Costco for a decent price (can't remember how much exactly, but its double the size of the one they sell in the regular supermarkets and not much dearer.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 throwawaygirl

fergusb wrote: »

you can get dubliner cheese at Costco for a decent price (can't remember how much exactly, but its double the size of the one they sell in the regular supermarkets and not much dearer.)
    ...assuming you have or know someone with a membership of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

onworld wrote: »
    There's a store at Dubar/41st called the 'Celtic treasure chest' that sell Irish and UK food. I paid $12 for a 1 litre bottle of Lucozade there lol. Is it cheaper at TNT?

Yeah I was there too it's expensive but they have a good selection, however half the stuff is gone off!

I think in TNT they are 300ml bottles and cost in and about $3 or something. I can't remember.. they are different shaped bottles to normal but it's the same stuff.

I just miss decent chewing gum!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irlcad

Dying for a few scallops from my local chipper in Ireland the last few weeks. Anyone know if there's a place in Ottawa that has them?!

Advertisement