Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport application stamped by Gardai

Options
  • 05-05-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Does anyone know can you get this done in any garda station or does it have to be Millstreet? I'm thinking Oranmore garda station would be handier, but not sure if all garda stations do the admin type stuff (or even if they're all open to the public as such, I don't know are some just bases?!) Also I tried searching opening hours for oranmore but no luck, don't suppose anyone knows? I could ring but I'm sure they've more important things to deal with! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I believe any Garda station will do it. Salthill is handy if you don't want to go into town.

Expect the Garda to be slightly shocked at the request initially but then look incredibly bored. He/She might even look like falling asleep while filling it out and stamping it. By the end, he/she will stamp anything you put in front of him/her and then when you are leaving he might give you a long suspicious look. Tipping is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I believe any Garda station will do it. Salthill is handy if you don't want to go into town.

Expect the Garda to be slightly shocked at the request initially but then look incredibly bored. He/She might even look like falling asleep while filling it out and stamping it. By the end, he/she will stamp anything you put in front of him/her and then when you are leaving he might give you a long suspicious look. Tipping is not allowed.

True. They may also leaf through a haevy spelllbook like tome licking their fingers before they stamp it and nod at the book knowingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SaucySue wrote: »
    Does anyone know can you get this done in any garda station or does it have to be Millstreet? I'm thinking Oranmore garda station would be handier, but not sure if all garda stations do the admin type stuff (or even if they're all open to the public as such, I don't know are some just bases?!) Also I tried searching opening hours for oranmore but no luck, don't suppose anyone knows? I could ring but I'm sure they've more important things to deal with! Thanks.

Any Garda station, but Mill Street and Salthill are 24hrs, so no need to worry about opening hours, but avoid obvious busy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Oranmore did my kids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Oranmore did my kids

archer-1-phrasing.jpg?w=604

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

I dropped into Oranmore station and got mine done right away. It's a decent-sized station so I imagine there's someone on the desk all day and into the evenings, you could call them to confirm.

Def call in advance . It's often closed if they are out on the road . Unfortunately the size of the place isn't matched by occupants !

archer-1-phrasing.jpg?w=604

Oops .

Advertisement