Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly band and extender clips

Options
  • 05-05-2016 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for these two things. My friend had a big band thing that went around her belly. I can't ask where she git it as she borrowed it! It was for support and she wore it all the time. She also had an extender for her jeans than clipped onto the buttons and had a piece of material to cover the crotch so with a long top you can wear your usual pants, which she did right up to delivery!! Any idea what these are Called and where to get them? I went into a mothercare today and there was none and I checked boots and none

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Bellybands I have seen in new look - link here.

I never used the clips and never came across them. I used a long hair bobbin in the early stages before I bought maternity jeans to extend the waist and then just wore a long jumper over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp+maternity-products-and+underwear

I haven't bought anything off them online as they have a shop in Cork, but I have bought their extender clips for bras, which are a godsend.

Their clothes are also really comfy.

My friend got me the trouser extender clips as a present as she had them and found them really useful. She ordered them on amazon, so that is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Both can be got in mother care. I wouldn't bother spending the 20 euro on the button extender though, you can just use a bobbin. Although personally I find the extenðrs very uncomfortable anyway.

Mothercare have both the supportive bump bands, and the ones that are just fabric for trying to wear your usual tops with

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

My husband got me the extenders on Amazon, really cheaply too he said. There were a few different sizes in the pack. I did use them for until about 20 weeks, but I probably will use again after the baby is born.

I saw the belly bandit in Mothercare recently, is that what you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Thanks all I'll look on Amazon. I was in Stephens green mothercare and I swear there was nothing!! Don't know what belly bandit is but I'll look it up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Thanks all I'll look on Amazon. I was in Stephens green mothercare and I swear there was nothing!! Don't know what belly bandit is but I'll look it up!

The belly bandit is more for after the birth, so probably not what you are looking for. I misread your original question! I've seen the belly bands in Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Thanks all. I got a big pack of extenders with three different inserts in Bella baby for 20 quid. Good job too coz I bought a pair of work trousers and can't do the button up at all!

Advertisement