Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC securewatch goes off when circuit trip switch knocked off

Options
  • 05-05-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

The story:

We want to do some work upstairs in the apartment to remove an existing mirror with integrated light and replace with a cabinet and different light.

Of course I want to do the sensible thing and turn off the electricity to that part of the apartment before going at any electrics.

Off I turn the circuit at the breaker board and about 10 seconds later the alarm starts going off complaining about a power fault :eek:

Alarm system is a HKC SecureWatch, and once this fault appears it refuses to accept the disarm code (in fact it refuses to accept anything) until I turn the power back on.

Even turning off the main fuse switch results in the alarm going off. Trying to use the inhibit zones doesn't help either, I'm guessing that either the alarm has been wired into the trip switch fuse I'm looking to turn off or the sensor being on it is causing the fault with lose of power.

I've reviewed the manuals reference from the sticky and don't see anything much about this unless this is the tamper protection system kicking in???

Am I looking at needing to get an installer in to reset the system in order to be able to knock off cirtcuit breakers in the house? Or can I safely open the cream box near the alarm and do something myself? Haven't seen too much about that on mentioned here.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the panel showing low battery or battery fault?
    You should just get a mains fault alert that can be silenced with your alarm code.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

The power has gone in my estate and my hkc secure watch alarm has faulted and won't turn off. The panel on the wall is blank and doesn't seem to accept any keys.

As I type... the power has just come back and the alarm has gone off. What to do if it happens again?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like a battery problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is the panel showing low battery or battery fault?
    You should just get a mains fault alert that can be silenced with your alarm code.

I just rechecked, it's a "mains fault", however this time the alarm didn't go off. I'm totally stumped.

Maybe when I started pulling at the beige box or at the separate fuse something changed and the battery charged up again.

Since this seems like a battery issue, I guess we might have to replace it in the near future.

Thanks

Advertisement