Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Lidl Development Newbridge

Options
  • 05-05-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Lidl have put in plans for new Warehouse in Newbridge. Nearly .5KM long. It includes a new link road to R445 Dual carriageway and lots of landscaping. The link road is 1.5km linking great connell road to dual carriageway the first phase of the town ring road by the sounds of it. See below

Lidl Ireland GmbH P 03/05/2016 a new regional distribution centre warehouse, with
    access from a new distributor road linking the R445
    and Great Connell. The proposed warehouse is
    57,608sqm in area (general parapet ridge level of
    c.16m up to a maximum ridge height of 17.3m, and
    overall dimensions of 124m in width and 434m in
    length) with an ancillary 2 storey administrative
    office space wing (c.1,682sqm and height 9.73m). A
    total of 258 car parking spaces are provided for on
    site; with circulation space on hardstanding for
    trucks to access dock levellers on the north-western
    and south-eastern elevations: a security cabin
    (22sqm), pump house (50sqm), and 2 sprinkler
    tanks (113sqm each); site and building lighting,
    internal road link to existing Lidl warehouse site to
    the west, with palisade fence, attenuation, swale,
    berms, landscaping and pedestrian gate around the
    warehouse area of c.18Ha and vehicular access road
    to the new distributor road comprising alterations to
    the permitted Newbridge South Orbital Relief Road
    (NSOR) route (Kildare County Council Ref. 02/1373
    and 10/45) of approximately 1.48km carriageway
    length from Great Connell (Connell Drive) to a new
    roundabout junction with the R445, ancillary
    landscaping, lighting, attenuation and drainage
    works, within an area of c.8.54Ha. A biodiversity
    corridor is proposed to provide a stream diversion
    channel (for Pinkeen stream) length c.1.1km along
    the southern boundary of zoned land bank at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Great to see something happening here at last.

Work had started about 2006 on the roundabout junction and then stopped. (you can see it over the hedge as you come to end of dual carriageway)

Would mean those going to great connell & athgarvan areas can skip the traffic at pzifer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

A huge lidl development? A bit of a contradiction no? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

A huge lidl development? A bit of a contradiction no? :pac:

Yeah just a lidl one, sorry I'll get my coat :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

57,608 sqm - that's 14 acres! For comparison, NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building is 32,374 sqm

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

goose2005 wrote: »
    57,608 sqm - that's 14 acres! For comparison, NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building is 32,374 sqm

Must be up there as the largest warehouses in the country. If it gets granted will post updates about progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

VincePP wrote: »
    Would mean those going to great connell & athgarvan areas can skip the traffic at pzifer.

The current Lidl road is private, this road might be a private too?

maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

ando wrote: »
    The current Lidl road is private, this road might be a private too?

maps
    Only private as it leads nowhere else. It is the route for the outer connector road from dual way to great connell to athgarvan road linking to liffey hall road onto green road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1maher1

Kildare County have asked for more information only recently. Hopefully Lidl will get the permission and along with it their link road to to the main road. Maybe this will kickstart the final section of the Newbridge outer relief road. This is badly needed as the the traffic coming into Newbridge now is just crazy. Relief road should have been done when Whitewater was first opened.

Is there any plans at all on that relief road? Like where would it cross the liffey, where would it join the Lidl road? There's housing estates there around Lidl, would they be affected by noise etc

Is there any plans at all on that relief road? Like where would it cross the liffey, where would it join the Lidl road? There's housing estates there around Lidl, would they be affected by noise etc

No plans that I know of at the moment. The proposed relief road would continue from the roundabout at Lidl and cross the Liffey at Kilbelin connecting to the Liffey Hall/ Kilbelin road at the traffic lights. This would then complete the outer relief road stretching from the Naas Road to the Green Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Plans were made and route agreed before the housing went up. Road would go at back of Wellesley Manor and join up to the road at Liffey Hall.

So I believe a new planning application has been drafted due to larger then expected medieval farming boundary being discovered which meant Lidl were denied the planning permission, so to get around this, alternative plans have gone in for approval... See attached, dated 16th March.

Any more updates on this. I know the council looked for more information on their last planning application but I don't have anymore updates after that.

1maher1 wrote: »
    Any more updates on this. I know the council looked for more information on their last planning application but I don't have anymore updates after that.

Thats pretty much all thats released about it. Something about a archeological site so some amendments to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Any news on this new Distribution Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

A decision is due on Nov 30.

So I believe this has been granted permission. A few jeeps and cars parked at the now overgrown road layout just off the Dual carriageway yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

was reading about this on kildare now this morning.

i am slightly confused. where is the road going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    was reading about this on kildare now this morning.

i am slightly confused. where is the road going?

about 200 metres before the end of the current dual carraigeway there will be a roundabout.

First exit will take you on the new road that will go behind Pfizer and onwards to the current roundabout on the Great Connell road at Lidl / J Murphy and eventually you will be able to continue onwards to Liffey Hall

Second exit will be the current road into Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

CeilingFly wrote: »
    about 200 metres before the end of the current dual carraigeway there will be a roundabout.

First exit will take you on the new road that will go behind Pfizer and onwards to the current roundabout on the Great Connell road at Lidl / J Murphy and eventually you will be able to continue onwards to Liffey Hall

Second exit will be the current road into Newbridge

thanks i had a feeling that was the case. any idea on a start date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Council has to allow one month for an appeal. If no appeal then planning is fully granted. Knowing Lidl, they will attempt to get this underway as quickly as possible. During the first application last year, I remember them saying that they wanted it operational by 2019. This might be a bit optimistic now but I'd expect construction on road to start by the middle of the second quarter next year.

By the way, this new road may lead to further development of the park over the following years.

Just passed by the section on the Dual Carriage way. All the trees and bushes have been cleared. Looks like work is about to begin soon

See below for proposed route for road and warehouse

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=439524&d=1516622460

Advertisement