Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFS Cancel order while not released to manufacture

Options
  • 05-05-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello ,
    I am really hoping that someone could help me here. The Situation is like this and but complicated too

We went to DFS and selected a suite (half price deal which was ending in a week) . We chose three seater but could not make mind to either go for 2 seater or 2 single chairs because awkward dimension of our room. I asked sales person can you deliver 3 seater first and then based on the dimension on my room I will either go for two seater or 2 chairs . he told me it can be done in that case they will have to make two separate orders . I also added that your new deal is coming can we wait till then to see if there is something else in there that will suite our room better.
    He said certainly you can I will put "Do Not Release" to your order (which means sofa won't be manufactured unless i give them go ahead) and you can wait for the next sale which was about in a week and then if you don't like any thing there you can stay with this deal

We like new sofa better in the new deal and we find small chairs which will suite our room better some where else. I emailed them and said merge my two orders into one and give me only three seater from your new deal

I did pay deposit of 10%

1- They have no problem to replace first order with three seater but they are saying we can not cancel your second order . Although that not been made as i did not advice them to release that to manufacturing -

2- They are saying If I want to get rid of second order then i will have spend closer to amount of second order

Any advice where i can go from here while sofa has not been made as i did not give them go ahead to release that to manufacturing .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

so you ordered 2 things and paid a deposit, now you want 2 cheaper things? I think that them extending you the goodwill of swapping the 3 seater's is very nice of them. As regards teh second order, I dont think its unfair that they want you to spend the same money as you already agreed to spend?

Is it a big difference in money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 woodworker80

Thanks Whomitconcerns. They gave me the option to swap (if i find something ) and wrote on my order "Do not release Subject to change product / combination". On second order they wrote do not release until first order is delivered.

The new three seater we want is from different product range and is of the same price as the first one. but we can not get the chairs from that range as it wont fit.

I will completely understand if the sofa was already made or even under production - However in this case it has not been made yet nor under production . I am not sure if i am able to communicate my point clearly , hope you got it what I am trying to say. I am not completely backing off from buying from them and what i am buying is not cheaper than the previous one ,As consumer do I have no rights - It is not costing their business as product has not been made

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

if its the same price, keep arguing with them...but your original post implied the chairs are a lot cheaper? "
    2- They are saying If I want to get rid of second order then i will have spend closer to amount of second order"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Its dfs.

Unbelievably bad at customer service.

And their "sales" are bull.

Good luck arguing with a sales person who primarily works off commission.

Technically they can do what they did and you can forget getting the sales person to admit anything not written down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 woodworker80

Thanks guys seems like I will have to suck it up. Let's see, I am waiting for their call back. I hope we could reach some settlement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've read several threads here about DFS, all of which would lead me to never set foot in one of their showrooms, let alone give them my business.

When not discussing shoddy workmanship, the typical story is that the DFS sales guy offers the prospect a free credit deal, tells them they will sail through the credit check so the customer pays a deposit to secure a big 'discount' that expires the very next day, then the credit application is refused for no apparent reason leaving the customer with no option but to borrow the money to complete the deal because the DFS sales guy refuses to refund the deposit - complete bastards.

Advertisement