Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from AIB

• 05-05-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to switch from AIB. I have >€50k in my account, I see from their website that €5k is the transfer limit per day. Do I have to transfer €5k a day to my new bank or is there an easier way to do this?

Dumb question I'm sure but couldn't find the answer from a bit of googling.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems to be, it's a pretty brutally low limit for the modern day. Could you get them to make it out in a bank draft for €50k made out to yourself and do it that way?

http://personal.aib.ie/ways-to-bank/transaction-limit-information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bank draft.

You can do a SEPA transfer in branch too if you have an account to send it to.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you do the draft option, you may have to wait for it to clear in your new account before you can draw on it, so bear that in mind. What I'd do is transfer say €5k over online, then when that's reached your new account, get a draft for the remainder or do the SEPA transfer, that way you'll have funds in your new account available to use in case you need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Thanks all, knew there had to be a better way!

Advertisement