Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Honda Duaville 650

• 06-05-2016 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Guys, what's people's options on this bike? Thinking of picking one up tomorrow, will be mainly for the odd bit of commuting around Dublin City and some spins at the weekend.

What are common issues I should look out for, also this one is 2000 Wikipedia says it's fuel injected is this true, as I want to keep away from carbs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

TallGlass wrote: »
    Guys, what's people's options on this bike? Thinking of picking one up tomorrow, will be mainly for the odd bit of commuting around Dublin City and some spins at the weekend.

What are common issues I should look out for, also this one is 2000 Wikipedia says it's fuel injected is this true, as I want to keep away from carbs.

The NT650 is Carbed, the NT700 is injected (it was introduced in 2006).

I had an NT650 for a while, grand bike for learning on, it's a cheap shafty so you see a lot of lads with old enough ones as the maintenance is handy on them. I'd read the reg/rec and fuel pump would go, and the original exhaust tends to rot on them, make sure to ask when the fuel pump and exhaust were done (as it's rare to find one where they haven't).

They seem to be decent reliable bikes, very little hassle out of them. Loads of space for your sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Bite the bullet and just bought one. Fairly impressed so far, such an easy bike to ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Bite the bullet and just bought one. Fairly impressed so far, such an easy bike to ride.

Good Forum here also.....http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I had one for a couple of years, one of the best bikes I ever rode. Even managed to fill the tank with diesel and rode off, and after just emptying the tank and topping her up with petrol she went on and on

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement